Anybody else excited for Esper Genesis?

Hjorimir

Adventurer
I'm pretty excited for Esper Genesis to arrive. When Paizo announced Starfinder, I instantly wished that WotC would do something similar (Star Fronties 5e please). Esper Genesis is scratching that itch for me. While I'm glad to hear that WotC is going to produce some campaign setting material outside of Forgotten Realms (no hate, just not my cup o' tea), I really don't care about either the Ravnica or Eberron offerings.

What about you guys? Any plans out there to run EG? If so, what are you planning?

Eis

Explorer
I just ran a one shot for friends this weekend, using the basic rules, it's a good time, we're looking forward to playing more of it

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Until now, I don't think I'd heard of Esper Genesis and looking at the artwork, none of it rings a bell however, I'm going to check out the basic rules to see what it's like.

5ekyu

Hero
I'm pretty excited for Esper Genesis to arrive. When Paizo announced Starfinder, I instantly wished that WotC would do something similar (Star Fronties 5e please). Esper Genesis is scratching that itch for me. While I'm glad to hear that WotC is going to produce some campaign setting material outside of Forgotten Realms (no hate, just not my cup o' tea), I really don't care about either the Ravnica or Eberron offerings.

What about you guys? Any plans out there to run EG? If so, what are you planning?
Been running campaign for over a year... started with the kickstarter playtest stuff. It's great! PCs up to 7th level now.

Yep, I have known about it for many months now, since it was originally announced. The free basic rules have been out now for months, as well a free introductory adventure.

Never heard of it.

3rd party campaign world, I assume?

It is a set of sci-fi rules modified from the 5E rules, similar in how Adventures in Middle-Earth is modified from the 5E rules. So the core books are not needed to play, just the actual Esper Genesis books are needed.

barasawa

Explorer

Star Frontiers can still be obtained, and I think I've heard someone is working on an updated version or something. (If you hit the Star Frontiers sites, you'll be able to find out for sure, or if it's just a fervent imagination playing tricks.)
And yes, I think a 5th edition rules of the Star Frontiers game would be pretty fantastic!

As to Esper Genesis, I like it better than Starfinder, though Starfinder is getting adventures out faster.

Reynard

Legend
I am considering picking it up. I ran a Starfinder one shot at a local con this past weekend after a bit of a hiatus from it and its weight compared to 5e really bugged me. I love the space fantasy genre but honestly don't love the super dense rules of Starfinder. I'd love to find a 5e equivalent.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases