See Live Action D&D Cartoon Characters In This Car Commercial

A Brazilian commercial for a new Renault car has used some iconic imagery from the 1980s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon series, depicting the characters of Hank the Ranger, Eric the Cavalier, Diana the Acrobat, Presto the Magician, Shiela the Thief, and Bobby the Barbarian with real actors. Scroll down for the actual commercial.

dnd_renault.jpg

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r6.jpg

Cartoon 1.jpg

The Originals

[video=youtube;opLyqJdirK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opLyqJdirK8[/video]

Sacrosanct

Legend
Did anyone else notice that their Presto bears a remarkable resemblance to Harry Potter?

More accurately, Harry Potter bears a remarkable resemblance to Presto. On a related note, there is this movie, where a boy named Harry Potter gets taught wizardry from an older witch to defeat an evil magical wizard. That movie is called "Troll." And came out in 1986.

Troll scared me as a kid, I'll admit. But upon a recent re-watch, it's held up better than I would've thought for a Charles Band cheapie.

Anyway, yeah, that's a pretty cool car commercial. Not something I would have expected to see be a thing, though.

On a related note, there is this movie, where a boy named Harry Potter gets taught wizardry from an older witch to defeat an evil magical wizard. That movie is called "Troll." And came out in 1986.

richmacj2

First Post
Caverna Do Dragao Trailer
eles passaram muito tempo
presos em outro mundo
mas nunca desistiram
de voltar para casa
deixe o impossivel para tras

Cave Of The Dragon Trailer
they spent a lot of time
trapped in another world
but they never gave up
coming home
leave the impossible behind

This could be more that a car commercial?

Tazawa

Adventurer
I think this is a real Hollywood D&D movie and the Renault website in Brazil posted some promotional material too early.

If you go to the site, there’s more posters including one of Dungeon Master and the heroes in profile. Neither of these posters have any Renault references on them. Instead they have the following message in Portuguese:

o retorno esta proximo

Which translates as:

the return is next

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Caverna Do Dragao Trailer
eles passaram muito tempo
presos em outro mundo
mas nunca desistiram
de voltar para casa
deixe o impossivel para tras

Cave Of The Dragon Trailer
they spent a lot of time
trapped in another world
but they never gave up
coming home
leave the impossible behind

This could be more that a car commercial?

They have several more trailers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP3uNe_7n5E

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases