Best resources for playing a Bard?

Chignel

First Post
I've started playing a skills-based character as a scholared bard. It's been going well these past few weeks and makes achange from playing rogue-fighters and magical characters.

I did see once another player using spell cards and he told me there was a pack available for bards.

I wonder if there are any other resources for iduvidual classes, specifically for bards?

bagpipes. But trombones are nice too. But if I were to go brass I'd choose euphonium or tuba.

I can't think of resources but I play a bard and i took a small tin whistle as a focus because it's small and then I went through my spell list and bought individual components because they are cheap (message is a copper wire which I twisted around my finger like a ring), just in case I lose my focus.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
bagpipes. But trombones are nice too. But if I were to go brass I'd choose euphonium or tuba.

I can't think of resources but I play a bard and i took a small tin whistle as a focus because it's small and then I went through my spell list and bought individual components because they are cheap (message is a copper wire which I twisted around my finger like a ring), just in case I lose my focus.

The added benefit of the trombone is it makes for a great sneak attack if you multiclass rogue. No-one will see it coming.

I'm sure RAI it's finesse.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
You might want to find a list of insults because for some reason DMs often ask bards to say what they do for the Vicious Mockery cantrip, whereas many other classes and cantrips don't get the same treatment.

aco175

Legend
I would give him some cool quotes that he can pull out in certain situations. I tend to quote directly from movies and songs.

"Go away, or I will taunt you a 2nd time."
"Dirty deeds done dirt cheap."

Sacrosanct

Legend
There are a couple books out there that might help

How to be the most distracting player at your table
Bards: for people who can't commit to niche protection
The class to play if you want to have the abilities of every other class
Snowflakes and Bards, one in the same
CHA: let's just use it to make you better at fighting than fighters
Picking the most pretentious class if paladins are banned.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I've started playing a skills-based character as a scholared bard. It's been going well these past few weeks and makes achange from playing rogue-fighters and magical characters.

I did see once another player using spell cards and he told me there was a pack available for bards.

I wonder if there are any other resources for iduvidual classes, specifically for bards?

That depends what spells you like to cast, or skills you like to use.

For example, I made a list of shakespearian insults for use with the Vicious Mockery spell, and there are shakespear insult generators out there for that use.

I think you could find some interesting herbalism and alchemy resources out there. Paizo might have some equipment cards for the various herbal and alchemical components and reagents? They have a book called Ultimate Herbalism I believe.

I guess the first question is really: do you have any idea how you plan to use your bard such that additional resources might be helpful?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases