Enter Into The Frozen Castle With Kobold Publishing

From the makers of the Tyranny of Dragons campaign for D&D fifth edition, comes a new adventure that expands the campaign. I was given an early look at the cover for Frozen Castle from Kobold Press.

From the makers of the Tyranny of Dragons campaign for D&D fifth edition, comes a new adventure that expands the campaign. I was given an early look at the cover for Frozen Castle from Kobold Press.

Debuting soon via the DM Guild program from Wizards of the Coast (I am told that it should hit the OneBookShelf sites tonight), Frozen Castle is a short adventure that I am told will be fun for "barbarians and rangers in particular, as well as chatty, silver-tongued characters." I was also told that "Frozen Castle includes a new map of Miklos Glacier in the Forgotten Realms. There's two bits of new art (one of them featured on the cover), a new exotic liquor, spirit mead, and a LOT of giants."

Will we be seeing expansions of other campaigns through the DM Guild​? I guess time will tell.

I bought the adventure. It was the first thing I have paid for from the DMs Guild. I "bought" 2 other PDFs before this one, but they were PWYW. So I've paid $0 for those 2 PDFs and, once I've had a chance to look at them, I'll go back and "re-buy" them for what they are worth.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Having issues with payment on dms guild - not accepting visa or visa debit...caught in a crappy loop...never had this problem with drive thru...boo
I think their payment gateway was down for an hour or two around the time stamp of your post. I also had trouble paying (via Paypal) at that time. When I tried again a little later it had sorted itself out.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
So does anyone have any inspiration on how to get the PCs into this adventure if they didn't crash the frozen castle at the end of HotDQ?

Well there are more or less 4 outcomes in HotDQ. Blagothkus decides to hear them out and show them to his army flying the castle over to the area, Blagothkus is attacked by the Dragon Cult when they realize they are losing. He crashs the castle in retaliation. He is killed by the characters and he crashs the castle in retaliation, The players get into the control room and crash the castle by upsetting his wife.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Thing is, my party both befriended the giant and have already left the castle. Maybe a giant representative could show up at one of the Councils of Waterdeep and request the PCs' presence?

It's also strange that this adventure is for levels 10-11 when the party is presumed to be level 8 or so at the end of HotDQ.

Thing is, my party both befriended the giant and have already left the castle. Maybe a giant representative could show up at one of the Councils of Waterdeep and request the PCs' presence?

It's also strange that this adventure is for levels 10-11 when the party is presumed to be level 8 or so at the end of HotDQ.

As stated the Council requests that party try and aquire the castle for the upcoming battle and the aid of the gaints. You could say that due to Blagothkus helping the party. The Cult of the Dragon sent sent several dragons to attack the castle and it crashed.

pukunui

Legend
[MENTION=6702445]jayoungr[/MENTION]: As [MENTION=6706188]MonsterEnvy[/MENTION] suggests, you could make it so the cult attacked the castle, causing it to crash, sometime after the PCs left. Then, at an appropriate point during The Rise of Tiamat (that is, when the PCs are 10th or 11th level), a representative from Blagothkus could approach the council and ask that the PCs come and help get the castle flying again. That's what I will most likely do if the castle doesn't crash at the end of HotDQ in my campaign.

Remove ads

Remove ads