Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Initiative Order (Round Three [Revised])
Caerth: 22
Quinn: 20
Lorien: 19
Juvenile Scrags [x2]: 18 (in boat)
Koalinth #1: 17 (leader, retreating in darkness)
Shark: 17 (retreating in darkness)
Koalinth #2: 17 (withdrawing from combat)
Koalinth #3: 17 (dead)
Aureus: 9 (full defense, up next)
Sharks [x2]: 9 (circling, preparing to retreat)
Phar: 4

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION], your action for Aureus. Note that the sea-goblins are in retreat, but there are still two scrags in the boat that had been attacking one of the koalinths. [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], you're up right after. The sharks aren't going to try to attack the PCs, but are still in the grotto at this point.

Thateous

Explorer
Aureus still has 0 ranged options, however I have an idea. Thinking I could move between one of our archers and the enemy, enter total defense, and act as cover for them. Would that be ok?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Initiative Order (Round Four)
Caerth: 22
Quinn: 20
Lorien: 19
Juvenile Scrags [x2]: 18
Aureus: 9 (full defense [guarding Phar])
Shark: 9 (circling in the water)
Phar: 4

The remaining targets are the two scrags and one shark that continues to circle through the grotto's water. [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], your action for Caerth.

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
So, just for clarification, there is no one more qualified to wield cruel justice other than Aureus. And he is a Sentient lawful-good adamantine Scimitar? Any other properties I missed?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, just for clarification, there is no one more qualified to wield cruel justice other than Aureus. And he is a Sentient lawful-good adamantine Scimitar? Any other properties I missed?
The weapon is lawful neutral not LG, and, yes, I would say that Aureus is the most qualified to use the weapon. Quinn, being a neutral fighter, would be the next best choice, but there would be mental clashes about the rigidity of law over chaos depending on how [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] wishes to handle Quinn's morality. Plus, Aureus was the only character that didn't succumb to Cruel Justice's detect thoughts ability when they first discovered the blade.

[sblock="Cruel Justice"]Cruel Justice (Ego: 19)
+1 keen adamantine scimitar
Int 17, Wis 17, Cha 10 | AL: LN
Greater Power: Detect Thoughts (At Will, CL 6th)
Lesser Powers
  • 10 Ranks of Intimidate
  • 10 Ranks of Sense Motive
  • Zone of Truth 3/day (CL 6th)
Special Purpose: Defeat the Guilty
- Dedicated Power: cut off an opponent's hand (Reflex save, DC 17); on save, the opponent drops his weapon instead

Note that Aureus hasn't learned that Cruel Justice has all of these abilities. She is aware of CJ's greater power, skill ranks, and special purpose. However, she isn't aware that CJ can use zone of truth or can cut off an opponent's hand as its dedicated power.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads