D&D 5E Making an Atropal Miniature

For the climactic encounter of an unnamed published WotC adventure, I needed an Atropal miniature. But there's a decided lack of deformed undead stillborn godling fetuses.
So I needed to make my own.

Step one was getting something to serve as a base:

1.png

Dollar store purchase. I had hoped for an actual baby, or ceramic figure. But this had to do.

I cut its hair and rammed a bit of wire through its belly, coiling that around it. The wire was to serve as the umbilical cord, and also hold up the mini.

From there I covered it in Green Stuff and two-part white sculpting epoxy. I was trying both out. My first time trying both, and I wanted to compare.

2.png

The green stuff was sticky and tended to pull off with my fingers. But it was less pasty and doughy than the white stuff. But having the two different colours helped contrast a little.
Right now things looked effed up but I was hoping primer would cover some of the imperfections of my lack of skill (and the absence of appropriate tools).

3.jpg

Not bad so far.
At this stage I realised I put waaay to little crap and imperfections on the legs. Bugger.

After it dried I painted while listening to an episode of Critical Role. Painting minis is a great CR activity.

4.jpg

Here's it mostly done.
I'm not a great painter, so this isn't a fantastic miniature.
I decided the cords around the umbilical didn't stand out enough from the rest of its veins, so I added a little extra pink.

5.jpg

This is it on a huge-sized base.

I can't wait to spring this on my players.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases