Survivor Ultimate Subclass Edition- BATTLE MASTER WINS!

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
Battle Master 10
Eldritch Knight 10+1=11
Way of Shadow 7 + 1 = 8
Oath of the Ancients 4-2=2 Go down you fowler defiler of your faith!! Metal plate armored druid your munchkinism can not be denied!!!
Arcane Trickster 3

OB1

Jedi Master
[MENTION=6880599]ClaytonCross[/MENTION] curious as to why you refer to the Oath of the Ancients as munckinism, I’ve always seen it as a slightly underpowered flavor build rather than a power one. Never played one but have been looking forward to it.

And just gotta day again I love the finals of this survivor. Any one of these would make an excellent Ultimate Survivor Subclass!

werecorpse

Adventurer
Battle Master 10+1=11 Edit 12
Eldritch Knight 11-2=9
Way of Shadow 9 Edit 7
Arcane Trickster 3

While I don't care one way or the other about the Oath of the Ancients being eliminated IMO it is no more munchkiny than any other paladin and has the Green Knight as a nice fictional theme upon which to draw inspiration. It is nothing like a metal armoured Druid in mechanics and only marginally similar in theme.

ClaytonCross

@ClaytonCross curious as to why you refer to the Oath of the Ancients as munckinism, I’ve always seen it as a slightly underpowered flavor build rather than a power one. Never played one but have been looking forward to it.

And just gotta day again I love the finals of this survivor. Any one of these would make an excellent Ultimate Survivor Subclass!

Munchkinism is not power gaming its stealing features from other classes for the sole purpose of taking those features as I understand it. As such Druids CAN NOT wear metal armor and making a nature cleric that imitates druids but can wear metal amour is basically the same as a Druid taking 1 level of fighter for heavy armor proficiency and somehow by passing the "can not wear metal armor" ... so making a cleric of nature giving it 10 signature druid spells and some very druidic abilities so that you can play as druid as you can but in plate armor is the essence of munchkinism as I understand it since it appears to be stealing a mechanic to let you play a class that exists without its flavor restraint and to gain a future not commonly allowed or consider part of the class but part of another class... Clerics and Fighters mostly. Another example would be your playing a barbarian but you take your first level in any other class so that you can read.

Last edited:

bid

First Post
so making a cleric of nature giving it 10 signature druid spells and some very druidic abilities so that you can play as druid as you can but in plate armor is the essence of munchkinism as I understand it since it appears to be stealing a mechanic to let you play a class that exists without its flavor restraint and to gain a future not commonly allowed or consider part of the class but part of another class...
So paladins are nature clerics now?

I thought the fairy knight was a well know trope, confusing that with celtic druids is... surprising.

ClaytonCross

So paladins are nature clerics now?

I thought the fairy knight was a well know trope, confusing that with celtic druids is... surprising.

I don't consider the paladin to be a munchkin because it provides a different role than the Cleric and Druid as full casters. That said I think "Fairy Knight" is much better made with an Arch Fey patron Warlock pact of the blade than a paladin.

Remove ads