(5e) IMMORTAL RULES

dave2008

Legend
Hi there! Do you happen to have more info on what the divine authorities do? There isnt anything beyond the first little explanation of what they are in either the old stuff, or the new material. Love this approach, btw.

I am working on Epic Magic at the moment, then I am going to work on Divine Authority. I can give you a little more info, but I am still formulating the actual "rules."

Not all epic creatures have "Authority." Right now I am thinking it is limited to Gods and Primordials, with perhaps a few specific exceptions.

Authority is what a god uses when it wants to perform miracles. Within the area of influence (which increases with divine rank), the god can bend or break reality as it so desires. It is a limited resource: you can use it once per day / epic rank. The higher rank you are the greater the "miracle" you can perform. I haven't decided if this is from simply being higher rank, or if you have to spend more uses of Authority (which you have because your higher rank), or some combination of the two.

I have some basic examples of what you can do with it (the elder spells from the old version of this thread were modified to make them), but it is currently intended to be open and free-form. But I will see when I get into it more if I stick with that approach. I am starting to think magic and authority are colliding more than I originally intended. So I may revise magic after write the Authority chapter. We will see.

dave2008

Legend
UPDATE:
I am starting a new zine as part of the Zine Quest initiative by kickstarter to continue to explore epic/immortal rules. You can view the kickstarter campaign before it goes live. Here is the link to the preview page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1443596074/1919389916?ref=753953&token=c8dc98f5
You can leave comments if you like. I always enjoy input. Also, this does not mark the end of my epic updates on Enworld. However, the frequent request for art and lore to accompany my epic stat blocks as lead me to hiring artist and writers to help out - and I can't keep doing that with out some financing. So I will prioritizing the kickstater / dms guild products in the future, but I will still post updates here as well. Most likely first drafts here and upated drafts in the zine.

Thank you! for your interest and support!

Sincerely - dave

dave2008

Legend
The epic update kickstarter is live! Here is my press release:

Ascension – the Codex of Immortals RPG Zine Kickstarter is now live! If you are interested in epic and immortal games for the 5th edition of the world’s greatest role-playing game, please check it out here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1443596074/ascension-the-codex-of-immortals?ref=project_build#

Ascension is a quarterly RPG zine focusing on epic and immortal gaming for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition. Each issue will be 32-48 pages of epic and immortal goodness featuring rules for playing gods; lore, stats, and art for at least 4 deities/epic monsters; and mythic relics and artifacts for your epic games. The goal of Ascension is two-fold:

1) Provide epic monsters and guidelines that can be used with standard 5th edition rules and some of the existing 3rd party epic supplements currently available, and more substantially…

2) Provide a set of variant rules and guidelines for taking characters and monsters beyond the realms of mortals. Allowing players to grow their characters from mere demigods to the heights of the greater gods or even pantheon heads. These variant rules sit on top of the 5e chassis allowing players to shed the trapping of levels and class and instead embark on the quest to gain epic ranks, worship, and increase their Authority and Influence among mortals and immortals a like.

Take your characters and games where 5th edition has never gone before with Ascension – the Codex of Immortals.

Sadras

Legend
Backed! ;)

Out of interest @dave2008 did you look at Marco Dalmonte's 2006 fan-made Codex Immortalis for Mystara which was translated (with help of course) by Gary Davies by 2011?

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Backed! ;)

Out of interest @dave2008 did you look at Marco Dalmonte's 2006 fan-made Codex Immortalis for Mystara which was translated (with help of course) by Gary Davies by 2011?

I have looked at it! It is basically a version of the Immortal Rules/Wrath of the Immortals but specifically for Mystara. It is one of the inspirations for my work on Immortal/deity rules.

PS - thank you for backing the KS

dave2008

Legend
Sorry, I forgot to update everyone, the kickstarter is funded! The 2nd draft of the 5e Epic Updates will get the art and lore it deserves!. But there are still more stretch goals within reach and new print reward tiers to enjoy, so if you haven't jumped on board yet - now is the time!
Ascension: the Codex of Immortals

CoverFundedSmaller.jpg

CruxfieldVictor

First Post
My apologies in being a pest but I missed the deadline to fund the Kickstarter so I can't ask questions any other way: Since the delay, is there a new ETA for the first issue or is it still up in the air? Thank you in advance!

dave2008

Legend
My apologies in being a pest but I missed the deadline to fund the Kickstarter so I can't ask questions any other way: Since the delay, is there a new ETA for the first issue or is it still up in the air? Thank you in advance!

Yes, I hope to have it sooner, but the current schedule is the first issue will be available at the end of June. Exact date TBD.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases