Historical Campaign Ideas

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have an idea for a setting based on the Hundred Years War, sort of space fantasy, and also a Wild West themed fantasy. Recently been reading on the Napoleonic Age and thinking that might make an interesting setting too with elves and dwarves thrown in.
Reskin the French as gnomes, and revel in the hilarity of their Napoleon...

Derren

Hero
I have an idea for a setting based on the Hundred Years War, sort of space fantasy, and also a Wild West themed fantasy. Recently been reading on the Napoleonic Age and thinking that might make an interesting setting too with elves and dwarves thrown in.

Not elves, but there is a (imo rather good) book series about Napoleon + Dragons (Temeraire)
battle_by_neboveria_dam6asd-pre.jpg

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Not elves, but there is a (imo rather good) book series about Napoleon + Dragons (Temeraire)
battle_by_neboveria_dam6asd-pre.jpg
I think I have heard of that. I should check it out.

Also Brian McClellan's Powdermage series was dreamed up after watching Horatio Hornblower or Sharpe's Rifles or something and thinking "What if we add magic?"

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
What if you reskinned the Mongol Horde as pony and wardog-riding Halflings?

What if Hannibal had had bulettes instead of elephants?

The story about Pope Gregory IX banning cats and thus exacerbating the black plague is rich for gaming plunder. The historical veracity of the story is disputed, but that shouldn't stop anybody. I could see an adventure about a ruler banning some kind of creature which then causes something worse to happen. Maybe the PCs learn about it and must try to stop it before its too late. Or maybe they are hired by the ruler to help oversee the extermination. Maybe the ruler is actually doing it knowingly because he or she is Evil. Maybe they're a puppet of a death cult. For a game that's doesn't shy away from political intrigue, it could be a fun premise.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases