"Immortal Fortress" - WotC Drops Clues About The Upcoming Storyline?

With the new D&D storyline being announced soon in the Stream of Many Eyes, WotC has created a new Twitter account called "Immortal Fortress" in which it appears to be giving cryptic answers to questions.

With the new D&D storyline being announced soon in the Stream of Many Eyes, WotC has created a new Twitter account called "Immortal Fortress" in which it appears to be giving cryptic answers to questions.

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 12.11.01.png

It was announced via their main Twitter account:

"Forgive my usurpation of this information stream, but circumstances call for nothing less. I dare not cede control ere I’ve occasion to recount a brief but dire missive from the realms that time forgot.

The Sage of Shadowdale hath hid on Earth a stone, of power great and imminent import. Its guardian, an exile from my realm, was spirited to Earth with this in tow; To keep it safe and secret ere its prophesied return.

The hour of its need now soon at hand, this item and its wielder must be found; Sent, via portal, back from whence they came. At long last, well and truly homeward-bound.

The Sage of Shadowdale himself is otherwise engaged, and cast me as his proxy in this search. Unable, as I am, to sojourn there myself, this task falls to the denizens of Earth.

Should you be of a mind to render aid, direct your queries to mine own account. I’m called @Immortal4tress, my address: your internet; Elminster’s humble servant, and forever in your debt."

Heading over to the Immortal Fortress account, there is this message: "My thanks to one and all who had the courage to recite the words the Sage of Shadowdale hath writ. I know not when or how these clues will come, so each of us should keep the rest informed. To guarantee that no replies be missed be sure to tag your posts #NoStoneUnturned."

The Twitter account is headed by a black and white photograph of Bodiam Castle in East Sussex. That could be relevant, or it could just be a representative castle.

bodiam.jpg

Image from Alternative Planting blog

Also, check the account's replies since it is replying to many people who ask questions.

One of which is about the castle image, and they reply that it's not relevant:

Good catch, my friend, and yet I must proclaim I merely chose two images that doth evoke my name.

But they seem to be posting more every day. With the repeated mentions of finding the stone, I couldn't help but wonder if it relates somehow to Finder's Stone, but that's just a magic missile at the darkness.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Wasnt there a thing in SCAG where if you read the table on elvish alphabet in elvish you would get a secret message? IIRC the message talked about stones.

Also there's the fabled stone obelisks that appears in every AP.

Coroc

Hero
[MENTION=6871653]vincegetorix[/MENTION] fabled Stone obelisks? Can you Elaborate a bit on that one without spoilering to much? I do not DM the 5E modules when i DM i use my old 2e stuff, but i am Player in 5emodules campaign.

Something for the luls at first i read this thread as "imoral fortress" :)

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
[MENTION=6871653]vincegetorix[/MENTION] fabled Stone obelisks? Can you Elaborate a bit on that one without spoilering to much? I do not DM the 5E modules when i DM i use my old 2e stuff, but i am Player in 5emodules campaign.

Something for the luls at first i read this thread as "imoral fortress" :)

I dont think there's anything to spoil with this. I read somewhere that in each AP there's a black stone obelisk that appears in various and random locations. They are just there in the description and there's nothing to do with them, but still there's is one in each AP. Might be nothing.

Ymdar

Explorer
I built a castle and it sank?

"Listen, lad, I built this kingdom up from nothing. All I had when I started was swamp ... other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same ... just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So I built a another one ... that sank into the swamp. I built another one ... That fell over and THEN sank into the swamp .... So I built another ... and that stayed up. ... And that's what your gonna get, lad: the most powerful kingdom in this island."

Remove ads

Remove ads