Excel D&D monster index

Hello! first post(horray, thank you, thank you...)

I was wondering why there was no XP in this Workbook, or if I'm just missing it. Because its frigging awesome, and I thank you so much.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Hello! first post(horray, thank you, thank you...)

I was wondering why there was no XP in this Workbook, or if I'm just missing it. Because its frigging awesome, and I thank you so much.

Hello, and welcome to ENWorld.

A point of etiquette. What you just have done is "thread necromancy ". You have reanimated a thread that is 12 years old. The original poster may not even be on the board anymore! Now, it's not always bad to do this, but I though I should mention that it isn't something you should do casually.

With that little awkwardness aside, I hope you have a good time here, lots of information and advise to be had.

Thank you, and sorry. It has been quite a long time since I've posted anywhere.
How should I have gone about this, though: it was this thread specifically that I was interested in(and Echohawk's work posted in such). I didn't want to start a new, redundant thread. What's the best way to tap-into an older conversation? When does it become Necromantic, and not merely Divination? A year? 3? 3 Months?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Thank you, and sorry. It has been quite a long time since I've posted anywhere.
How should I have gone about this, though: it was this thread specifically that I was interested in(and Echohawk's work posted in such). I didn't want to start a new, redundant thread. What's the best way to tap-into an older conversation? When does it become Necromantic, and not merely Divination? A year? 3? 3 Months?
I think in this case it was justified to be honest, just mentioning it in general.

And after 12 years it is outright archeological :D

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan

The original poster may not even be on the board anymore!

Hey, I'm still here :).

My monster index hasn't had any love since 2009, and unfortunately it never contained the 1st/2nd Edition XP values, just the 3rd Edition CRs. You can pick up a slightly more up-to-date version of it here though if you want.

Thanks! It's ALL AWESOME, of course!
I'm just trying to figure out a great Spreadsheet for 2E that would would know the characters, probably the game day( or amount of game days), divide the monster xp (adjusting for Prime Requisites, and an HD bonus...10 per, I think, for the Fighters), give the xp for skills checks, and then divy them all up, possibly levelling people when they do so.

I know nothing about Excel until last month, so I'm trying to do everything at once. I guess 3E was basically where it was at, so it doesn't appear as if I can find anyone's spreadsheets that would work for me. So...blindly into it I go!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases