D&D 4E 4e Descendants Online - Let's compile them

JeffB

Legend
Can someone convince me to include 13th Age?

I'm not sure I can convince you, but it certainly is a descendant. You can check out the 13TH AGE SRD if you are unfamiliar with it.

Certainly the AEDU power structure is there in spirit with tweaks (per battle, per day, and at-wills). Though some classes have very unique mechanics which drive these powers (Rogues, for example)

It uses a similar easy to understand and laid bare "math formula" interlocked with PC Level Tiers of play.

Everything mechanical is easily re-skinned: powers-monsters, etc.

Designed for Scenes/Acts and Encounter Areas in mind as opposed to traditional D&D style adventures with massive maps and tons of rooms.

Designed with a similar "cinematic" or "heroic" level of power for PC's. They start out much better than average inhabitants of the world and become quite epic.

Designed to handle larger battles "scenes" if you will, and includes minion level foes.

Lots more "small things". e.g. Staggered= Bloodied, and things that trigger when one becomes Staggered

Players roll the dice as Attacks vs a defense. Rather than a classic "saving throw"

Death/Dying saves are similar mechanic to 4E (And 5E)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
A badass Warlord is on my list of requirements for a fully fleshed game is to be considered a 4e Descendent ... (I am thinking the now available Commander from 13th age qualifies)

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I'm not sure I can convince you, but it certainly is a descendant. You can check out the 13TH AGE SRD if you are unfamiliar with it.

I am unfamiliar... I am being weirded out right now by recharge rolls. ;) and more weirded out by inconsistent rules about something so core.

Now I am reading about class balance from some more math oriented souls bless their hearts.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases