D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse!

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The card expanded in his vision, growing until it filled his vision, the Star itself twinkled and shined, coming to life. And then he was rushing towards the image, traces of light flying past him as he advanced. Slowly the star grew, a pinprick of light solidifying into a circle. Eventually it became impossibly bright, but he couldn't look away. Finally he came to a stop before a giant ball of fire. It was blinding and the heat was so intense as to burn him to ash. It took him a moment to notice the smaller sphere cast in shadow between him and this sun it was tiny in comparison.

In an instant he was flying towards it. Now this dot was growing within the circumference of the also expanding sun. He was approaching this new sphere obliquely, he could tell, and as he rounded it, he started to see a sliver of colors on the side facing the inferno. Blue, green and white expanded in his vision. Another object slid sideways out from behind this, and he recognized the face of Selûne.

Now he was falling down towards Abeir-Toril, for he knew now where he was. He could make out the true image that so many maps he had studied now portrayed to him. He could even pinpoint inconsistencies that so my of those maps contained. In fact, he now knew why they were inconsistent. Even as this thought flitted through his mind though, he was flying ever lower. He could make out Waterdeep now, and in the ocean not too far away were a pair of ships. Now these ships expanded until he could see the people standing upon the deck, staring at a cleric with a card in his hands. He rushed down, falling into himself.

The card disintegrated into ash which flew in a thin tendril back to the deck and reassembled itself on top of the deck even as Ametiel reached out his hand.

"It all makes so much sense now..."

Galahad still stood there, staring at his now empty hand.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Both of you drew the Star card, granting you +2 to one ability score of your choice. This can allow you to go over 20, but not over 24.

OOC:
I don't have the proficiency, but I'm wondering if this makes my maximum 22 or just raises by 2 and if I happen to already have 20 in something, good for me? I'll take charisma most probably, I'll just check other stats (int and con) to see if that may be a better deal, but I don't think so.

Fulgrim draws a single card and stares at it blankly for several seconds. He then quickly draws three more cards as if compelled to do so. Once complete he drops to the deck and sits staring off towards the horizon. Any that approach get a dull stare in return.

Fradak

Explorer
Tycho bows back to the immortal.

"Thanks for your help Amil of Oghma. Without you, at this time, we could be part of the undead crew. I'm Tycho.

Sorry to bother you with such trivial questions but, how comes that you found us here, in the open see? And why us? I mean, you landed *right* on our ship.
I must confess that in the rage of battle, I thought you were another threat falling on us and almost blasted you."

OOC: You said Amil IC, but use Amitiel OOC. Was it on purpose?
Amitiel waits patiently for mortals to organize.

"I am Amil, of Oghma, well met and blessings of The Eternal Bard be upon you."[/COLOR]

He bows to the group.

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: You said Amil IC, but use Amitiel OOC. Was it on purpose?

[/B]
OOC:
Yes, it was on purpose. Amitiel is angelic name that could be recognized and researched while Amil is simply mortal librarian. Now if only he could shake off the drama...

Also for any theologists or Christians out there I don't mean any disrespect, I am playing the trait of the character and biblical quotes are most recognizeable in The West even if changed to suit The Pantheon. I am Chatolic myself so I know some of those from memory :)

"Me saving you? By my perspective, if you weren't exactly here I would be in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight. The Wise say trust in The Lord and he shall provide. What further proof is needed?"

Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
"You must have been guided by our shepherd, Galahad, servant of Oghma. This is Bunny, our pyroblaster. And over there, looking at the horizon, Fulgrim Ironhide, Chosen of Sylvanus, our leader.

You didn't have the chance to meet Doogie, our guide in this expedition, you arrived to late to save him.

We are on a mission for Waterdeep. I'm not sure if you are aware of the situation but the world is full of undead. Hyric, Captain of the city guards hired us to secure the woods for games. There isn't enough food in the stores, and what Clerics they have aren't very powerful. The wizards hole themselves up in their towers, so they're no help. They can keep most of the population alive, but this has caused theft to be a daily practice. The forests to the east are still full of game. The undead seem to ignore them. There are also fields of farmland that way that is simply sitting there, waiting for someone to start planting. But...the undead are fairly concentrated there. They seem to be attracted to something in that area. More investigation is needed, and unfortunately that's all the information we have.

We choose to travel by boat to avoid the undead army waiting around the city.
This is our first victory, we are a bit exited. Please, take your share. Are you sent to help us in our quest?"

Last edited:

Neurotic

We choose to travel by boat to avoid the undead army waiting around the city.
This is our first victory, we are a bit exited. Please, take your share. Are you sent to help us in our quest?"

"The heaven is aware. But the veil is hard to pierce. I have chosen to come - but time and manner of my appearance was due Oghmas insight and will. Path to victory will be thorny, but first small steps toward retaking world from the terror of eternal silence have been taken. You are the mortal champions. You may not fail. There is powerful artifact hidden somewhere close that can be powerful boon. Or rather, it will help, I am not sure if will weaken the undead grip on the city or strengthen the powers of Light. But it is here somewhere."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad snapped out of it at Amitiel's speech. He nodded in agreement as the aasimar made points he could not but agree with.

"Oghma knows all, he would surely know the exact moment and place you would be needed most. I would greatly appreciate the company of another follower of the keeper of knowledge."

Galahad smiled and extended a hand in greeting. But then he noticed the goggles still sitting on the table and forgot all about niceties as he picked them up to examine the workmanship.

A moment later he had fitted the goggles over his head and was looking around at everything. The ships mast, the other ship, clouds, even a lone falcon that was barely visible to anyone else. "Amazing... I can even pick out individual feathers at this range..."

Shayuri

First Post
Bunny waved a hand at Tycho absently as she grabbed the peculiar metal flash etched with eldritch runes.

"Take the toys if you want. Maybe you'll live to have grandkids you can throw them at one day. But this..."

She lifted the flask, her eyes alight.

"...this is MY toy. Aren't you?" Bunny shook the flask around. "Who's a good toy? YOU ARE."

Remove ads