Pages From The Upcoming Nautical D&D Book!

These screencaps were posted by GM Leigh (of Mage Productions) on Twitter after being showed on WotC's Twitch stream, presented by Kate Welch and Nathan Stewart. Note the old Saltmarsh trilogy references!

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pukunui

Legend
however, they did change the book name in the corner, so maybe they changed the pagination to prevent any conclusions being drawn about the book ...
Yeah.

Long Walk, Short Plank was one of the joke names they showed us a while back, right?

U3 was 48 pages long in the original format: anybody have it on hand to compare the pages in question?
I only have U1 and U2. Was planning on converting them to 5e eventually. If this book includes them all, that will save me a lot of trouble.

Two in a row, Ravnica broke the streak. There is also the Acquisitions Inc book that will be on D&D Beyond in the meantime. Stewart has suggested there may be 4 WotC book this year, too.
Ravnica was primarily done by the MtG team and was a bonus book. How much it “counts” is debatable. If it counts, the Ravnica art book can as well.

The AI book is licensed, but not a WotC or official book. If it counts, so does Dungeonomicon and the Endless Quest books.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah.

Long Walk, Short Plank was one of the joke names they showed us a while back, right?

I only have U1 and U2. Was planning on converting them to 5e eventually. If this book includes them all, that will save me a lot of trouble.

It was one of the joke names: makes me skeptical of the pagination for the time being, but reserving judgement.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Ravnica was primarily done by the MtG team and was a bonus book. How much it “counts” is debatable. If it counts, the Ravnica art book can as well.

The AI book is licensed, but not a WotC or official book. If it counts, so does Dungeonomicon and the Endless Quest books.

Ravnica was overseen and edited by Crawford: he put real work into it, and it contains significant game rule content, hard to see how it wouldn't count as an official D&D sourcebook release. Given that WotC is talking about 4 books being the likely future direction, "bonus" might not be accurate either. It was released after two adventure books, and before possibly another two: hence, not four adventure sequentially without a break.

It also remains to be seen what exactly this book is: it has some material from the U modules, but the way they were talking sight there might be new rules material as well, so a new hybrid experiment perhaps.

The Acquisitions InC book is being sold on D&D Beyond for rules material, which those other books are not: same with Guildmasters Guide over the Art book.

I agree that it would be weird to start with U3 and the page count was quite possibly altered along with the joke name.

If they do update the full U series, what else could we expect in the book if it were all adventures? We know it's going to have a nautical theme, so I'm trying, and struggling, to come up with another classic ocean/water-themed adventure. If it doesn't turn out to be "Tales from the Yawning Portal for water", I would have to believe my theory earlier in the thread would be reasonable - a water-based update to the ruleset, a bestiary, and the updated U series...

pkt77242

Explorer
I agree that it would be weird to start with U3 and the page count was quite possibly altered along with the joke name.

If they do update the full U series, what else could we expect in the book if it were all adventures? We know it's going to have a nautical theme, so I'm trying, and struggling, to come up with another classic ocean/water-themed adventure. If it doesn't turn out to be "Tales from the Yawning Portal for water", I would have to believe my theory earlier in the thread would be reasonable - a water-based update to the ruleset, a bestiary, and the updated U series...

X7 The War Rafts of Kron would be another adventure that would work in a book like that.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Yes, I thought that was unusual as well: however, they did change the book name in the corner, so maybe they changed the pagination to prevent any conclusions being drawn about the book.

U3 was 48 pages long in the original format: anybody have it on hand to compare the pages in question?

So the events in the first image are on the page 22 and 23 in the original, the wording has been updated and it seems they have renamed and updated some stufff.

Second page stuff is on page 33 in the original. Some of the wording has been updated.

In the first page a room was renamed from Lieutenants Quarters in the original to Wave Shaper's Quarters in the new one. The description of the room and what's in it is also different.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases