Talls Strongholds and Followers adventure - Full

TallIan

Explorer
That looks like 4E. Cool.

It probably was. Matt does reference 4e a lot in his videos.

Yes, that's who I was wanting to play. I could do an Establishment with her, like a tavern or a theatre, and sure, Gravesford could be her home. But that might be too many casters if Max is doing a wizard or sorcerer. We probably need some healing, so maybe I will look into a druid.

The character sheet worked on my phone when I tried. If you want to play her, that's fine. If there is a lack of healing characters in a party I don't mind handing out some extra healing potions as you go. I'd rather people played what they want, rather than someone being forced to play the heal-bot

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Oh, don't worry. A ghostwise druid was something I had been toying with anyway, and the Circle of Dreams really seemed to fit the character I was modeling her on. And we needed the healer :) That's a good healing focused Circle, too.

TallIan

Explorer
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] I should probably have looked at all the posts in the thread before replying. I didn't see you had posted the character already. Anyway Eowyn looks good, I'll have to think on what her discovery is.

If you're from near Gravesford, you'll know many of the villagers, but as a hermit, I guess avoid them most of the time, except for a young wizard names Pinna.

She often comes into the forest to gather herbs and plants for spells and potions. She is very respectful of the forest and only takes small quantities that leave the plants able to recover. She is well liked in the town, especially the children, where she runs a shop of cures and potions.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
That sounds great. I kind of see Eowyn as sort of like Zecora from My Little Ponies. That strange woman of the woods. She is odd. Never talks. Sometimes stands there in the middle of the street and just...stares. Likes to watch paint dry and grass grow.

TallIan

Explorer
I had to look that up. My daughter only watches one DVD of my little ponies and its an old school original moved to DVD. I'm pretty sure we'll soon be sick of My Liitle Pony though, she's going ever more mad for ponies in general.

If there is a lack of healing characters in a party I don't mind handing out some extra healing potions as you go. I'd rather people played what they want, rather than someone being forced to play the heal-bot

I might be switching to a celestial or divine soul sorcerer. My original fighter plan is in tatters.

TallIan

Explorer
I might be switching to a celestial or divine soul sorcerer. My original fighter plan is in tatters.

You really wanted that hand crossbow? Poor Justincase's Pally is going to be soaking a lot of damage then :p If I throw some retainer in that should not be an issue.

I don't think that I want to hand out five retainers just yet - possibly just one or two to try out the rules, so I will most likely roll to see who gets one. Unless anyone doesn't want one or makes a really good case why they (or someone else) should have one.

Shayuri

First Post
Here's my sheet so far. I'm leaving the family name blank for the moment, seeking input on whether or not you have suggestions for established noble families in the area, or if it's alright to just make one up. There's also a few spell prep slots open while I mull what kind of spells to prep. Overall though, I think I have the rules covered. I'll add in a writeup for the background, but the broad sweep is that Arcata was born of a local noble house, was found to have magical talent and went to go study in a larger city. While she was away, the disaster back home struck with the Baron overthrown and this new Lord stepping in and purging dissent, breaking her House. She found out about it, possibly even fending off an attempt on her life depending on how aggressive Lord Saxon is, and returned home to set things right/exact vengeance.

Arcata
Human Noble Wizard 5

Str 8
Dex 14 +2
Con 14 +5
Int 18 +7
Wis 12 +4
Cha 11

HP 32
AC 12 (10+2)
Prof Bonus +3
Init +2

Race
Variant Human
+1 Int, +1 Cha (?)
Bonus Language
Bonus Skill
Bonus Feat

Class
Wizardry
Ritual Casting
Arcane Recovery (recover 3 lvls w/short rest)
Arcane Tradition: Diviner
- Portent

Proficiencies
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, staves, lgt crossbow
Tools: Dragonchess
Saves: Intelligence, Constitution and Wisdom

Skills
Arcana +7
History +7
Investigation +7
Insight +4
Persusasion +3

Languages
Common, Elvish, Draconic

Feats
Human - Resilient: Constitution
4 - ASI (Intelligence)

Spellcasting (Save DC 15)
Slots 1 - 4, 2 - 3, 3 - 3
Spell Attack +7

Prepared
0 - Firebolt, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Shocking Grasp
1 - Shield, Thunderwave, ?, Absorb Elements
2 - Misty Step, ?, ?
3 - ?, ?

Spellbook
1 - Shield, Absorb Elements, Thunderwave, Detect Magic, Identify, Charm Person, Feather Fall, Mage Armor, Find Familiar, Unseen Servant
2 - Alter Self, Misty Step, See Invisibility, MindSpike, Dragon's Breath, Suggestion
3 - Counterspell, Fireball, Hypnotic Pattern, Tiny Hut

Equipment
Cash: 225

Weapons
Dagger

Armor
Traveller's Clothes

Gear
Wand
Spellbook, 3lbs, free (class item)
Scholar's Pack

Spent on familiar summoning: 10gp
Scribing Costs: 450
- Detect Magic, 25
- Identify, 25
- Mindspike, 50
- See Invisible, 50
- Hypnotic Pattern, 150
- Tiny Hut, 150

Background Features
Position of Privilege
Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.

Familiar (100gp)
Keemi
Tiny Celestial Owl
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 1
Speed 10 ft, Fly 60 ft
Str 2 (–4)
Dex 13 (+1)
Con 8 (–1)
Int 2 (–4)
Wis 12 (+1)
Cha 7 (–2)