Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My sister caught her daughter sharing a Juul pen with some other teens. My sister is worried, because my niece is on probation, and there might be "something" in the pen.

Now she's asking for permission to vape. No one wants here to start. Her parents smoke, so it's hard for them to say do as I say and not as I do.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I saw a woman wearing this today. I love it.
332bf2b5-3699-4093-963e-8b15526687ab_1.4a11150f3762db7c36a4c7e94a5cac7e.jpeg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My sister caught her daughter sharing a Juul pen with some other teens. My sister is worried, because my niece is on probation, and there might be "something" in the pen.

Now she's asking for permission to vape. No one wants here to start. Her parents smoke, so it's hard for them to say do as I say and not as I do.

One of my buddies has a kid who is fast approaching teenhood. He told me years ago that whenever he had to talk to his kid about the various vices of humanity, he planned on being “completely” honest about what he himself had done, and what his experiences had taught him about the consequences of indulging.

The thought was that, “I did it. It was a mistake, and here’s why...” is a better approach than “Do as I say, not as I do.”

AFAIK, he has parented as promised. His kid seems to be doing well.

If, in your family, any of the smokers have experienced any negative repercussions associated with the habit, now is the time for speaking up honestly.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My sister takes the same approach. She has told her kids about her past drug use. Yes, there are family members that had bad health and have died from smoking. Vaping is claimed to be better though. I'm not convinced. I think for one that the water vapor might not be good for people with asthma or bronchitis. Maybe different from smoke but still not good. I wonder what the pneumonia rates are with vapers.

I thought at first she was going to tell me she caught her making out with the girl she was just friends with. That was the conversation we had previously. She's spending the night with the girl and my sister wanted to make sure they were not more than friends.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My sister takes the same approach. She has told her kids about her past drug use. Yes, there are family members that had bad health and have died from smoking. Vaping is claimed to be better though. I'm not convinced. I think for one that the water vapor might not be good for people with asthma or bronchitis. Maybe different from smoke but still not good. I wonder what the pneumonia rates are with vapers.

I thought at first she was going to tell me she caught her making out with the girl she was just friends with. That was the conversation we had previously. She's spending the night with the girl and my sister wanted to make sure they were not more than friends.

That was the story told when eCigs first hit the market. With the passage of time, accumulated research is basically saying, “YeaaaahhhNOPE!”

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/impact-of-e-cigarettes-on-lung.html

Even the water vapor isn’t just water vapor. It contains hazardous chemicals, just like the old-school tobacco products. Just different ones, in different amounts.

Never understood smoking.... paraphrasing Newhart

"You take dead leaves, crumble them up onto a piece of paper. Roll the paper and stick between your lips. Then- THEN you set it on fire while it is still in your month....."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases