GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 5

1. Season finale of Dexter. (I'm a lumberjack!)

2. Season 8 of Dexter.

3. Actually, anything after season 4.

4. True Blood, final season.

5. Heroes; season finale (S1) and everything after.

6. Roseanne- winning the lottery, because that's what made the show good, you know, money.

7. X-Files- all those great episodes after Duchovny left.

8. Scrubs- did you know that they recast the whole thing for a season? Yeah, bet you didn't.

9. Earth: Final Conflict- S1 finale, everything after.*

10. How do you spell the Office without Michael Scott? S. U. C. K.

11. Weeds- somewhere around S4 or 5 maybe? It lasted eight (8!) increasingly bad seasons.

12. How I Met Your Mother- Never watched it, but I'm told I never should. Something about the last episode? ;)

13. Happy Days- have you ever heard of the phrase "Jumping the Shark?" Thought so.

14. Prison Break- What happens if you have a great concept, and you finish it, but you have to keep making episodes?

15. Grey's Anatomy- SPOILER! This show is still on. I know!

That's 15 quick ones. But if this is the most disappointed you've been in TV .... you've either live a charmed life, or enjoy the hyperbole.

*You can use this as a stand-in for countless Scifi and/or fantasy shows that have had a decent pilot or even season and then were absolutely destroyed by meddling.
Seen all of those. Last night's Game of Thrones was still worse. Except maybe Dexter, but it's at that level of stupid. And nothing any of you say will change that.

Well, given that you just stated that anyone that disagrees with you is "objectively" wrong, I think you're right - nothing anyone says will change your mind. ;)

Of course, anyone else will probably look at your assertions, quietly shake their heads, and turn away ... perhaps while remarking on the death of irony, or somesuch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This episode is below 50% on Rotten Tomatoes at the moment. I'm far from the only one who noticed this episode is awful. Apparently, however, this is the thread where all the Dumb & Dumber apologists decided to crawl out of the woodwork and attack me for speaking the cold hard truth.

Derren

Hero
This episode shows what has been wrong with GoT ever since they couldn't copy from the books anymore. The quality of the writing is several leagues below what GRRM delivered and its basic hollywood garbage with a plot copied from tvtropes full of holes, bad characters and to distract from that overblown CGI action.

hawkeyefan

Legend
Oooo, is this where we get to list off how much media we've consumed in an effort to see which of us is the superior nerd? Hard pass.

If you think it was that bad, for you, then fine by me. I will argue that objectively, there are worse.

Well I invented television! So there!

And my daddy can beat up your daddy!!!

MarkB

Legend
So, basically, at some point Dany snuck into the Iron Fleet and stole all their plot armour. Suddenly the Scorpions go from being turn-on-a-dime railguns that can snipe a dragon out of the air in three high-precision shots and rapid-fire their way through an entire fleet to cumbersome things that take ten seconds to aim at anything and 30 seconds to reload. Okay, this version is more realistic, but seriously, why didn't Dany just burn Euron's fleet to cinders last episode?

And then there followed around an hour of gratuitous dragonning, none of which I can bring myself to give a damn about. What fun is a battle without any good guys?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases