Suicide Squad - Comic-Con First Look [HD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaPilot

Explorer
There certainly are a lot of reasons why it couldn't be the case but, as i said, that would at least make this particular "Joker" more palatable to me.

That's interesting. I have the opposite reaction. To me, if that conspiracy theory is true then it feels like they shoehorned that in, and that would lessen the appeal of Leto's Joker to me (though not so much that a good performance couldn't help me move past it).

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Ryujin said:
What I'm seeing so far from Leto's Joker strikes me more as attention whore than psychotic villain.
Why not both? :) Joker has always been, (that I know of), an attention whore -- I mean, look at his make up and attire, and all his schemes.

Re: High Plains Drifter
Coincidentally, I just caught the last few minutes of this movie a few days ago. As he's riding away from the ruined town, there's a guy, (Mickey Rooney?) carving into a grave marker. [Paraphrasing from memory:] He says to Eastwood's character, "We never learned your name." Eastwood replies, "You know my name." The camera pans around to show the marshal's name on the grave marker.

Bullgrit

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Why not both? :) Joker has always been, (that I know of), an attention whore -- I mean, look at his make up and attire, and all his schemes.

Re: High Plains Drifter
Coincidentally, I just caught the last few minutes of this movie a few days ago. As he's riding away from the ruined town, there's a guy, (Mickey Rooney?) carving into a grave marker. [Paraphrasing from memory:] He says to Eastwood's character, "We never learned your name." Eastwood replies, "You know my name." The camera pans around to show the marshal's name on the grave marker.

Bullgrit

I thought I'd made it clear that you were no longer welcome on EN World, Bullgrit. If I wasn't clear, then I hope I am being so this time. I'm on my phone, so I'll have to hope you honour that request until I get chance to alter your account status.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I was completely unaware that I was in trouble in any way. Very well. I'll bugger off.

Sorry for whatever I did.

Bullgrit

Jhaelen

First Post
Hey Morrus! What's this about?! What did Bullgrit do? I'd like to know because I'd like to refrain from unwittingly doing the same thing...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hey Morrus! What's this about?! What did Bullgrit do? I'd like to know because I'd like to refrain from unwittingly doing the same thing...

My answer is the same as the one I gave you via private message. We don't discuss members with each other. And we don't discuss moderation in-thread, either.

Crothian

First Post
Well here's a little twist that, if it's true (unfortunately it probably isn't; reasons at link), would make Leto a palatable character for me. Interesting theory. The link is rather spoilerific, so no video preview. You've been warned, if spoilers bother you ;)

And again, spoilers. Seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L39zDBGXPTU

That would be fine for a cartoon movie but I think it would confuse people in a live action. The sheer number of different Robins already confuses some people so this would just be more so.

MechaPilot

Explorer
That would be fine for a cartoon movie but I think it would confuse people in a live action. The sheer number of different Robins already confuses some people so this would just be more so.

I agree. I think most casual Batman fans may not even be aware that there was more than one Robin, especially older fans (recall that Batman comics have been around for 70 years now, and it's not unreasonable to assume that Batman fans can range from eight to eighty and beyond).

Jhaelen

First Post
My answer is the same as the one I gave you via private message. We don't discuss members with each other. And we don't discuss moderation in-thread, either.
Well, I'm not the one who started to make it a public issue.
You also definitely did discuss about other members in tha past. I still have your private posts to prove it.

I'm honestly a bit surprised about this since it seems to go beyond the usual amount of moderation. I've seen plenty of temporary bans around here, but this is different. It scares me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I'm not the one who started to make it a public issue.
You also definitely did discuss about other members in tha past. I still have your private posts to prove it.

I'm honestly a bit surprised about this since it seems to go beyond the usual amount of moderation. I've seen plenty of temporary bans around here, but this is different. It scares me.

Jhaelen, you are familiar with the rules here - you've been here 10 years. Please stop discussing moderation in-thread. Now, let's get back to discussing the Suicide Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases