D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion 5E conversion (OOC)

Greenmtn

Explorer
Below is the PC I was planing on porting over if you don't mind. I think the back story works with little to now fine tuning but let me know if you disagree, want something changed or need more info.

Name: Ka'Lysh "Harb" Lorreak
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Paladin
Background: Soldier
Alignment: NG
Experience: 0

Appearance -
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Light brown
Hieght: 5'6"
Weight: 180lbs

Thin and muscular Harbs face looks more like someone who forgot to shave for a week than one that has grown a beard. His blue eyes show a troubled man who has seen the horrors of war and his expression is most often plain but when he does show emotion he seems to do so with his whole body. His left cheek is slightly larger than the other, and his left eye stays slightly more closed, the reminder of an injury he suffered in battle that didn't properly heal.

ABILITIES
Strength: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 13 (+1)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

link to coyotecode http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=156100 NOTE: Happy to reroll or do point buy if you would like.

AC: 18
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30
HP: 12
Hit Dice: 1d10
Proficiency Bonus: +2

SAVES:
Strength: +2
Dexterity: +2
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +1
*Wisdom: +3
*Charisma: +5

SKILLS:
[sblock]
Acrobatics (DEX) +2
Animal Handling (WIS) +1
Arcana (INT) +1
*Athletics (STR) +4
Deception (CHA) +5
History (INT) +1
*Insight (WIS) +3
*Intimidation (CHA) +5
Investigation (INT) +1
*Medicine (WIS) +3
Nature (INT) +1
*Perception (WIS) +5
Performance (CHA) +3
Persuasion (CHA) +3
*Religion (INT) +3
Sleight of Hand (DEX) +2
Stealth (DEX) +2
Survival (WIS) +1
[/sblock]
Passive Perception: +3

PROFICIENCIES AND LANGUAGES
Languages: Common, Elf, Dwarf
Armor: All
Weapons: All
Tools: Vehicles (Land), Playing Cards
FEATURES AND TRAITS:

Feats:

Race: Half Elf
[sblock]
Darkvision: Thanks to your elf blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim Conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being Charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
[/sblock]

Background: Soldier
Feature: Rank
[sblock] You have a military rank from your career as a soldier. Soldiers loyal to your former military organization still recognize your authority and influence, and they defer to you if they are of a lower rank. You can invoke your rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. You can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where your rank is recognized. [/sblock]
Class: Paladin
[sblock]
Divine Sense
The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or Undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity
You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a Long Rest, you regain all expended uses.
Lay on Hands
Your blessed touch can heal wounds. You have a pool of Healing power that replenishes when you take a Long Rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level x 5.
As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool.
Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of Healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple Diseases and neutralize multiple Poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one.

[/sblock]
EQUIPMENT:
[sblock]
Long Sword
OOC: Attack[roll] 1d20+4 [/roll] Damage [roll] 1d8+2 [/roll]

Shield (AC +2)
Javelin (x5)
Chain Mail (AC 16)
Holy Symbol
An insignia of rank
Section of unit banner he headed (The one that they were using when they were routed)
Deck of cards
Common clothes
Explorers pack
Belt pouch containing 9 gp

[/sblock]

Personality Traits: Haunted by memories of war, Moral, cares little for Nobility

Ideals: Do good and help those that need it and want to but can’t help themselves

Bonds: I’ll never forget the lessons learned in a terrible loss suffered

Flaws: Blindly trusted and carried out orders and hates himself for it. Now has a hard time not second guessing the motives of others.

BACKGROUND
[sblock]
A promising young captain in the Dukes army {name} was expected by superiors to raise quickly through the commoner’s ranks. One of 3 favorites for a promotion he was to lead a small force to a border town that was under attack. They arrived and were greatly outmatched. The unit routed and he lost most of his men. Wounded, laying there bleeding out as the enemy razed the village, unspeakable things done to women and children, old men put to the sword. He awoke in a church being tended to with the few other survivors.
He later heard rumors that command felt the village was of no importance and that it needed to be lost in order to have just cause for war with a neighbor in order that the Duke could take some valuable lands from a rival.
When he was well he was given removed from the army and his sacrifice was complete. He stayed at the church and prayed, studied, tried to forget his anger, his shame, to hide from his failure to save those people despite the odds. In his effort to hide he started going by the simple name "Harb".
One day screams came from outside the church. His new home was being attacked. It seems the war they had wanted had found him in his new home. He had not removed his sword from it’s scabbard since that crushing defeat, but he did then, he would not stand by while these people died pawns of some noble. And fight he did, and as he struck his enemies down his sword began to glow and the words of Pelor filled his mind as he protected the people.
[/sblock]

eayres33

Explorer
Nirmathas has a standing army that serves the region. Forest Marshal Weslen Garak is the Ruler of the Nation and the commander of the army. It's a meritocracy and the cities have control over their own governance for the most part.

Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Nirmathas has a standing army that serves the region. Forest Marshal Weslen Garak is the Ruler of the Nation and the commander of the army. It's a meritocracy and the cities have control over their own governance for the most part.

OK I will look into the setting more and make the needed changes. As I said it was a starting point and ported from another game. I figured something would need to be changed at least.

I'll get it updated as soon as I do some research on the setting. I never played in the pathfinder setting before so it should be fun and educational.

eayres33

Explorer
OK I will look into the setting more and make the needed changes. As I said it was a starting point and ported from another game. I figured something would need to be changed at least.

I'll get it updated as soon as I do some research on the setting. I never played in the pathfinder setting before so it should be fun and educational.

That was actually supposed to answer a question from Chairwoman Gene on nearby armies, somehow I dropped the quote. Feel free to do as much or as little research on the setting as you feel. I am using it mostly because I like the AP, and Pathfinder AP's in general and this is my first time actually running a game in that world. So while I'm using the setting I'm not going to be strict in staying with cannon.

Greenmtn

Explorer
OK. If everything else works out then perhaps Harb simply ended up relocating to this area as part of his "Escaping his past" effort and we can either leave it at that or add to it if there is time before the game starts/as needed as the game progresses.

Is there a similar deity that you want me to change it to or just stick with Pelor?

eayres33

Explorer
OK. If everything else works out then perhaps Harb simply ended up relocating to this area as part of his "Escaping his past" effort and we can either leave it at that or add to it if there is time before the game starts/as needed as the game progresses.

Is there a similar deity that you want me to change it to or just stick with Pelor?

If you want to stick with Pelor, I'm fine with that, but if you do want a Pathfinder god who is similar, I believe Sarenrae may fit that bill.

Also if you, or any player want to have a little more back ground information on Nirmathas I put a link to its wiki in the OP.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Alright, my dwarven wild sorcerer has the soldier background. I figure he was (training to be) an officer in a dwarven army somewhere, until his random magical outburst got him and quite a few soldiers into trouble, leading to his departure from the military.

Is there a nearby dwarven hold that might be suitable? I think a wiki link would indeed be helpful. :)

eayres33

Explorer
Alright, my dwarven wild sorcerer has the soldier background. I figure he was (training to be) an officer in a dwarven army somewhere, until his random magical outburst got him and quite a few soldiers into trouble, leading to his departure from the military.

Is there a nearby dwarven hold that might be suitable? I think a wiki link would indeed be helpful. :)

There is actually one that is within Nirmathas borders, though they are neutral and not aligned with Nirmathas. The Sky Citadel of Kraggordan.

http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Sky_Citadel

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Thanks. I was hoping I'd be a good fit. Seems like we have most angles covered pretty well with good overlap. I'll try to make use of the ranged capability wherever I'm able and let the barb and paladin hold the line, but if necessary, I'll wade in and take some swings too. We'll see how the scenarios develop.
Rangers are tremendously useful in my opinion. I know that some felt they were under-powered, but their utility is high.

As an aside, I'm really looking forward to this. I run a game IRL for a large group of friends, but as the only experienced player and DM, I never get to play. This is my outlet for that and I can't wait to get started. Thanks again for letting me join in the fun.
I'm in the same boat :)

I'm planning a soldier background. (Battlefield Medic) Is there a recent/nearby military I would have been assigned to by my church (Of LG Warriorness and Paladinhood) but have been discharged in the moderately recent past?

Lal and your character *could* have left the capital of the area (Tamran, the port on the large lake) and headed to Phaendar together. You might even have been asked to keep an eye on the unusual stranger, in case he was some kind of spy?

Remove ads