D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

hafrogman

Adventurer
Already anticipating an attack by the Fairwalkers, Yttrian's bolt launcher snaps to his shoulder almost as soon as the mercenaries show aggression, and he begins target selection.
OOC: [roll0]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

OOC: Initiative [roll0]

Harfik, startled and excited by the noise turns to face the other camp, spear at the ready.

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
The sand-fleas move forward, swinging their curved greatswords at their enemies! Zanga goes straight for Aanzu, and Isobel jumps over Harfik!

Zanga leaps like an auroch, swinging against the prince with all his strength! "Hells take you, tyrant!" - he yells, clearly overtaken by rage. His bloodthirsty eyes throw him off, though. The barbarian lacks finesse, and Aanzu is capable of dodging his attempts with ease!

Isobel attacks in silence, studying her opponent as she closes in, her steps silent like the lioness'. Without warning, she leaps forward, spinning her blade above her head and twice against the monk's neck, almost having him at her second attempt!

[sblock]Initiative

Fairwalker warriors = 1d20+3 (22)
Fairwalker magehunter = 1d20 +1 (19)
Fairwalker Spy = 1d20+2 (19)
NPCs = 1d20+1 (12)
[/sblock]

Round order:

F Warriors 22
Yttrian 21
F Magehunter/Spy 19
NPCs 12
Aanzu 11
Harfik 8
Kethra 7
Lyllie/Icosa 5

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pnyPKKVejWks_JqN-o7WLamuNWBJkl3XrB35vys-juE/edit#gid=0

Mini-sheets

SAND-FLEA WARRIORS

[sblock]

The barbarians of Sethmandu are famous for their resillience - and impulsiveness.

ATTACK BONUS: +6
DMG: Curved greatsword (2D6+4)
AC: 17
HP: 112
SAVE THROW: +3

SPECIAL: Extra attack; reckless attack (advantage on all-out attack)
[/sblock]

FAIRWALKER MAGEHUNTER

[sblock]A hybrid of warrior and abjurator, the hunter protects it's fellow fairwalkers from magic threats. A necessary addition if you want to face the Wallis Consortium of Mages.

ATTACK: +3
DMG: longsword (1D8+3)
AC: 13
HP: 34

SPECIAL: casts arcane ward, counterspell and dispel magic, among others
[/sblock]

FAIRWALKER SPY

[sblock]
Resourceful units, they gather information for the fairwalkers, offering support on field missions. Be weary of their strange devices!

ATTACK: +7/+3
DMG: sling (1d4+4); thrown weapons (1d4+1)
AC: 16
HP: 28

SPECIAL: smoke bombs, poison cloud, poisoned weapons, flash bombs, among others.
[/sblock]

[Please, place your characters within the light-gray area on the map, as you will! As soon as you do so, I'll declare the actions for the enemies! As mentioned, they're treated as monsters, so you have three 'species' laid down with mini-sheets, to make decisions and roleplay easier.]

@hafrogman @Greenmtn @industrygothica @Charwoman Gene @JustinCase @Shayuri

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aanzu would scowl if his draconic face would allow it. Such a clumsy warrior. The dragonborn prince enters his battle trance then swings his mighty greatsword at Zanga, once, twice. Both swing connect solidly, leaving Zanga bloody and in pain.

"Foolish one," the prince spits as he prepares himself for a counter.

OOC: Enter Rage as bonus action (advantage on Str checks and Str saves, +2 melee damage, resistance to all damage except psychic).
Reckless Attack (advantage on melee attacks, attacks on me have advantage).
Extra Attack (attack twice).

First attack: [roll0]
Advantage: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Second attack: [roll3]
Advantage: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

I cannot open the map yet, so can't say where Aanzu is.

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Yttrian's turn! :) I 'clocked' back the map and kept both post and positions, so I can repost, if applicable after Yttrian's actions! Sorry!]

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Yttrian circles around Isobel, wary of the woman's blade, but focused on an easier target for now. He focuses on the Fairwalkers' apparent leader and lines up the magehunter in his sights. As quick as you can blink, four bolts are fired from his weapon, three of them burying themselves in the woman, dropping her to the ground.

OOC: Move: S16->Q16
Action: Attack vs. Eilúvit (Crossbow expert negates disadvantage for firing while threatened)
[roll0] (miss)
[roll1] (hit) damage2 - (1d10+5) [12]

Action Surge: Attack vs. Eilúvit
attack3 - (1d20+10) [25] (hit) damage3 - (1d10+5) [15]
attack4 - (1d20+10) [20] (hit) damage4 - (1d10+5) [15]

1 miss, 3 hits (12 + 15 + 15 = 42 damage)

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
@JustinCase, sorry about that! I guess it's fixed now! If not, give me another shout and we'll reposition Zanga as needed!]

Eilúvit tries to complete her quick chant, but gets shot down by Yttrian's attack!

On the opposing side, Aspen runs off of her cover, thrusting forward as she throws a bunch of small spheres towards Yttrian! She twists her body to increase the distance, and ends up missing her target, hitting Isobel instead! The spheres explode against Isobel's back, creating a thick, heavy white cloud that spreads around in a matter of seconds. Isobel spins around, confused and stunned by the shock!

[Isobel is stunned for the rest of the round - and possibly for the next one. The fog spreads around her, taking all adjacent boxes and leaving them lightly obscured]

Dvalin still struggles against his mount, unable to move. As for the other servants, they follow Yttrian's advice and try to find cover. Atir does the same, hidding behind his cart as the fight evolves, but he can be seen shuffling around the remnants of his cargo. Prosper tries to protect Portis, crossbow in hand and a low, concerned head.

MAP UPDATED
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pnyPKKVejWks_JqN-o7WLamuNWBJkl3XrB35vys-juE/edit#gid=0

SAND-FLEA WARRIORS

[sblock]
The barbarians of Sethmandu are famous for their resillience - and impulsiveness.

ATTACK BONUS: +6
DMG: Curved greatsword (2D6+4)
AC: 17
HP: 112
SAVE THROW: +3

ZANGA: 112/90
ISOBEL:112/112

SPECIAL: Extra attack; reckless attack (advantage on all-out attack)
[/sblock]

FAIRWALKER MAGEHUNTER

[sblock]

A hybrid of warrior and abjurator, the hunter protects it's fellow fairwalkers from magic threats. A necessary addition if you want to face the Wallis Consortium of Mages.

ATTACK: +3
DMG: longsword (1D8+3)
AC: 13
HP: 34

SPECIAL: casts arcane ward, counterspell and dispel magic, among others
[/sblock]

FAIRWALKER SPY

[sblock]
Resourceful units, they gather information for the fairwalkers, offering support on field missions. Be weary of their strange devices!

ATTACK: +7/+3
DMG: sling (1d4+4); thrown weapons (1d4+1)
AC: 16
HP: 28

SPECIAL: smoke bombs, poison cloud, poisoned weapons, flash bombs, among others.

[/sblock]

[Ok, next we'd have Aanzu and Harfik! EDIT: Yttrian disintegrated my mage! :p]

@hafrogman @Greenmtn @industrygothica @Charwoman Gene @JustinCase @Shayuri

Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Harfik takes advantage of the confusion caused by the apparent miss fire of the spell like a striking snake his spear darting out quickly, and striking true. As he pulls back the spear he plants the butt of it in the ground and uses it to launch his body into the air his feet snapping out with a turning kick the ball of his foot hitting Isabel in the side of the head. His other foot aimed heal first for Zanga's temple as Harfik's body spins in the air, but misses it's mark as Zanga and Aanzu battle.

OOC: Attacking Isabel
Attack 1 [roll0] Advantage [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Attack 2 [roll3] Advantage [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

*Not sure exactly how the +1 you gave us for working together is going to work so if the bonus action attack Should get that please add it. EDIT: Doesn't really matter for this attack I suppose :)

Bonus unarmed attack against Zanga
Attack [roll6] (I don't get advantage on this one I don't think)
Damage [roll7]
If this hits I will use 1ki to try to stun Zanga Con save DC 15

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases