D&D 5E What monsters might one find in Feywild?

G

Guest 6801328

Looking through the MM, there really aren't that many "Fey" monsters (19?).

What else would one encounter in Feywild?

Beasts, for sure. And some variant intelligent "beasts", like Unicorns.

I imagine some shadow creatures, given the conflict between shadow and fey.

What else?

Green dragons and the feywild seem tailor made for each other. And since the feywild is supposed to be "emotions turned up to 11", what is more emotional than an angry black dragon? Outsiders from the chaotic side of the wheel might see the 'wild as a natural expansion area--for demon lords, minions of Graz'zt and Fraz-Urb'luu like lamia and jackalweres could be signs of bad things coming.

Don't forget the normal hag minions/allies: ogres and giants.

G

Guest 6801328

Ogres, Giants, Goblins, and Lycanthropes are good.

"Trolls" only sort of work for me. The word itself has good connotations, but the D&D version of trolls have always struck me as something entire different.

Plants, too.

re: Elves. Is there another sub-race of evil Elves, in FR canon, other than Drow? Grugarch make good neutral NPCs which might become adversaries, but how about some unambiguously bad ones?

Alexemplar

First Post
In addition to the above (sorry if I accidentally repeat anyone) I'd include...

blights
shambling mounds
fungi
myconids
displacer beasts
dopplegangers
elementals
ettercaps
griffons
hags
harpies
lamia
lycanthropes
manticores
merfolk/merrow
owlbears
pegasai
perytons
psuedodragons
rocs
rust monsters
sphynxes
treants
trolls
unicorns
water weirds
banshees
will-o-wisps
shadows
wraiths

As well as any beast/dire beast, lots more awakened plants and animals, and the usual smattering of fiends/undead/celestials/elementals you'd find travelling across the material plane.

clutchbone

First Post
Eladrin hunting parties (Winter or Summer court) chasing down displacer beasts with their blink dog companions, gnomish (or svirfneblin) guerrillas rebelling against fomorian slavers and their cyclopes henchmen, hag covens feuding with corrupted treants and their blights, and all sorts of monstrosities (centaurs, harpies, griffons, medusas) sprinkled in.

Remove ads