D&D 5E The Final Announcement from The Descent Live Stream: Eberron Hardcover

The final announcement at the end of The Descent stream is a hardcover book for the Eberron setting!

The final announcement at the end of The Descent stream is a hardcover book for the Eberron setting!
No details have been announced, but Nathan Stewart closed out the live stream event for The Descent by proclaiming the final book out this year would be a hardcover setting book for Eberron.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

gyor

Legend
Wow. OK, this will be the first year since 5e released that I haven't bought any D&D products. Maybe next year...

Me as well. At best the Eberron book is a long shot maybe as I already have WGE.

While BG:DIA is more interesting then I thought it will likely still not get it.

The starter kits just don't appeal to me.

The Aquistions Inc is just too goofy, and so far only the race is interesting. 1 race is not reason enough to buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Seriously, I don't care WHAT settings they do. I just love new setting books to mine and am glad they are doing them. As long as there is a lot of crunch. I am very happy for new settings even. I do not play (or like) MtG, but I LOVED the Ravnica setting book. SO many inspiration ideas (creatures as faction leaders) and rules to use in my own game. I loved it. Especially all the extras I now add to my organisations when my players get renown in them. I'd have loved a Dark Sun, but I am having fun converting as I go. Just happy setting books are on the agenda. (Mini-settings anyway. Not all lore, but plenty of crunch we can all use, esp monsters :)).

gyor

Legend
Ravnica had backgrounds so buffed they were almost prestige classes. So I can see Settings each having a class or other unique major mechanical/Player option that would appeal beyond fans of the setting.

CapnZapp

Legend
Okay so I'm obviously late to the party, and "told you so" isn't gonna impress anyone.

Still.

Continuing their glacial pace. Keep rehashing existing content.

What I don't understand is how some fans can be happy with, and actively defend, how they sell the same thing more than once.

I completely get why *they* are doing it. I don't get why "we" let them get away with it.

There's ample precedent for this. Remember the PotA crunch they reused? Almost everything useable from SCAG? Filling up page counts by publishing the same monsters twice in a year?

OF COURSE it was going to be Eberron. In fact, if they weren't going to resell the same crunch, that would be the real news here.

Meanwhile:

Still no psionics. They slapped us in the face with the revised ranger, essentially telling us we're loving a turd so there's no reason to revise it. Still no archmage expansions of high level wizards. Still no magic item economy based on utility. Still no Dark Sun. Etc etc.

So here it comes:

Told ya so!

The idea they would give us a whole new setting out of nowhere simply isn't the business WotC is in any longer.

Talk about milking the customer base.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I will love an Eberron book, even though I have never played in the setting and probably never will. Love the races. Shifters are a big part of my current expanded Elsir Vale setting, so that will be a bonus :)

MarkB

Legend
The downside of voting with your wallet in this sort of limited market is giving the wrong impression. In this case, that setting books are not wanted as opposed to setting books that have not already been published under this edition just in a digital format.

But you already got that covered by buying the PDF in the first place, thus telling the market that settings in general and Eberron in particular were in demand - which leads directly to this announcement. Don't feel that you have to vote twice.

Mercule

Adventurer
Currently running the AL adventures in Eberron. Should finish up just in time for this release, so, Yay!

Even if it was something else, I've said that I'll throw money at anything not set in the Realms, just on principle. The fact that it's my favorite published setting is all the better.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Okay so I'm obviously late to the party, and "told you so" isn't gonna impress anyone.

Still.

Continuing their glacial pace. Keep rehashing existing content.

What I don't understand is how some fans can be happy with, and actively defend, how they sell the same thing more than once.

I completely get why *they* are doing it. I don't get why "we" let them get away with it.

Because what are "you" going to do?

It's as simple as that. What can you possibly do to not "let them get away" with reusing content? What can any of you do? Heck, what does that even mean?

There's really only one thing you can do... and that's not play 5E. But it seems like you all can't do that either.

So you have to just open up and swallow it. Just play D&D like you have for the last five years. And isn't that unfortunate... being stuck playing a game you apparently love since you can't stop yourself from playing it. You poor, poor, people. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads