D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

SirKnightBJ

First Post
Thanks

Thank you for this tool! It's absolutely fantastic. Keep up the good work.

I do have one minor fix suggestion that may or may not be possible. On a PC, Quick navigation is a bit difficult because the middle (scroll wheel) button is disabled within the document somehow. It may have to do with hidden columns or something like that, and is probably unavoidable. But if it is fixable, it would make a great document that much better.

Anyway, Great work! Cheers!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer

I do have one minor fix suggestion that may or may not be possible. On a PC, Quick navigation is a bit difficult because the middle (scroll wheel) button is disabled within the document somehow. It may have to do with hidden columns or something like that, and is probably unavoidable. But if it is fixable, it would make a great document that much better.

Thanks for the feedback and great to hear you're finding the tool awesome. For the mouse wheel scrolling, I haven't set anything to disable that and I don't use a scroll mouse (using a surface pro 3 so mainly touch scrolling) soma bit hard for me to test this. Does anyone else have issues with mouse wheel scrolling in the tool?

Conandar

Explorer

That may be something in your setting somewhere, or perhaps your version of Excel (I use 2010), as my scroll wheel works as expected through out the entire tool. If you are using an excel-clone, though they are often very compatible, they are never 100% and that may also be the source of your issue.

SirKnightBJ

First Post
Thanks for the feedback and great to hear you're finding the tool awesome. For the mouse wheel scrolling, I haven't set anything to disable that and I don't use a scroll mouse (using a surface pro 3 so mainly touch scrolling) soma bit hard for me to test this. Does anyone else have issues with mouse wheel scrolling in the tool?

Sorry I didn't preface the situation better. It's not the actual scrolling wheel I'm talking about. The vertical scroll with the wheel is perfectly good. I'm talking about the click function of the scroll wheel. There is no hot key in excel to allow the vertical scroll wheel to become horizontal. So you have to use the click function of the wheel and move the cursor in the direction of what you want to view. Excel has no physical option or preset to enable or disable this function. However, in the construction of a spreadsheet certain features like hiding columns will automatically disable this function.

I realize this is a super minor issue I just thought I aught bring it up in case you knew of a fix. And I am also now realizing I could just be using my own touch screen to navigate *facepalm*.

Hey great response time btw! Have a good one!

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Great tool. One of my players wants to use an artificer-alchemist will you be added this class?

I take it you are talking about the Unearthed Arcana class. The Unearthed Arcana is "playtest material" provided by Wizards. Since it isn't an official class and hasn't been published in any of the rpg books, Forged has stated in the past he will not be adding any Unearthed Arcana to his CS. That doesn't mean you can't use it in the CS. You will just have to manually enter in all the information.

Hope this helped

Hydraaa

First Post
Forged has stated in the past he will not be adding any Unearthed Arcana to his CS. That doesn't mean you can't use it in the CS. You will just have to manually enter in all the information.

Hope this helped

Actually not quite that simple, you have to find a base class that emulates the class close enough [monk for mystic I have done in the past], then add items in for the sub class and in addition info, then override the base class items where neccessary[a 0 armor for my wiz mystic that disabled the speed and ac boost f rtom monk.] Back in the great enworld purge I asked that a set of basic classes be implemented that had no abilities associated to it, just the hit die, maybe a save selection ,to accommodate custom classes.

Purdymouth

First Post
First and foremost, this is an amazing tool! I use it daily. Thank you so much for your tireless effort!

I'm trying to add some custom Warlock Archetypes (three different UA Archetypes). Version 2.0 (Build 10) seems to be going well for the main features and spell lists, but I can't figure out how to a) add a custom Pact Boon, and b) add invocations.

Any help or tentative updates would be greatly appreciated.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases