D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
If this has already been asked and answered I apologize.
Are there plans to include the Adventures League backgrounds into the sheet (beyond adding them in as a custom)?

http://dndadventurersleague.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Mulmaster-Bonds-and-Backgrounds.pdf
http://dndadventurersleague.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Hillsfar-Regional-Character-Options.pdf

Yeah no problem, these are official and released so all good. Has anyone has done these backgrounds in the Custom sheet? let me know as it'll save me some work! Thanks!

UPDATE: Will look to add these in 1.56 or later. If anyone can help with the data entry will speed up release :)

Last edited:

Tembergon

First Post
First I want to say what a wonderful job you have done with putting this together and keeping it up-to-date with bug fixes and new content. I just wanted to point out a couple of things that I found while playing around with the latest version (1.54).
1. On the Start tab in section 11. Attacks - When you select any of the spell attacks and try to change the damage field with an override, it continues to display the default value (see spell).
2. In the Detail Section - For a Sorcerer with Draconic Bloodline - It is showing the Hit Point increase 1/level higher than it should but is calculating correctly in the HP section.
EX. At level 1 it is saying Hit point maximum increases by 2 when it should be 1, at level 2 it is saying 4 when it should be 2, etc.
3. This is more of a request - In the section 8. Coinage - Instead of having a Total column change the name to Stored or the like. This way when the character uses some coins on his/her character they only need to update 1 column and not both.
Again these are minor things and as a whole this sheet is an invaluable tool for me and many others. Keep up the good work and 'Forge' on.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
First I want to say what a wonderful job you have done with putting this together and keeping it up-to-date with bug fixes and new content. I just wanted to point out a couple of things that I found while playing around with the latest version (1.54).
1. On the Start tab in section 11. Attacks - When you select any of the spell attacks and try to change the damage field with an override, it continues to display the default value (see spell).
2. In the Detail Section - For a Sorcerer with Draconic Bloodline - It is showing the Hit Point increase 1/level higher than it should but is calculating correctly in the HP section.
EX. At level 1 it is saying Hit point maximum increases by 2 when it should be 1, at level 2 it is saying 4 when it should be 2, etc.
3. This is more of a request - In the section 8. Coinage - Instead of having a Total column change the name to Stored or the like. This way when the character uses some coins on his/her character they only need to update 1 column and not both.
Again these are minor things and as a whole this sheet is an invaluable tool for me and many others. Keep up the good work and 'Forge' on.

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear

1. Actually found this bug when adding the underwater property to weapons, it is fixed for v1.55
2. [Update] Found the issue and it's fixed for v1.55
3. My recommendation is to use a formula to calculate total e.g. gold total = gold carried + gold not on person (so total wealth is auto-calculated), I guess for pen and paper it makes sense to have "stored" wealth. Does this help with the issue of changing two values?

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
In version 1.54 my monk (Level: 9, Wisdom: 20) is showing a KI save DC of 19, but the player's handbook (page 78) says that "KI save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier", so it should be 17 (8 + 4 + 5). Please fix this when you can. Thanks.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
In version 1.54 my monk (Level: 9, Wisdom: 20) is showing a KI save DC of 19, but the player's handbook (page 78) says that "KI save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier", so it should be 17 (8 + 4 + 5). Please fix this when you can. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, found the issue and fixed for v1.55

GobiWon

Explorer
Great tool. I'm so glad you've put all the energy and effort into this. It makes my games so much easier. I know it is just aesthetics but is there anyway we can put a space between Class 1 and Class 2 features for multi-class characters. I'd also like to see the passive in passive Perception capitalized. I also think the two word weapons would look better if they were both capitalized. I'd like to see Short Sword not Short sword. I know aesthetics is personal. These might just be my personal preferences. Once again, thanks for this tool.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Great tool. I'm so glad you've put all the energy and effort into this. It makes my games so much easier. I know it is just aesthetics but is there anyway we can put a space between Class 1 and Class 2 features for multi-class characters. I'd also like to see the passive in passive Perception capitalized. I also think the two word weapons would look better if they were both capitalized. I'd like to see Short Sword not Short sword. I know aesthetics is personal. These might just be my personal preferences. Once again, thanks for this tool.

Thanks for the feedback, cool that your enjoying the tool.

I've added the space between Class1 and Class2

The capitalization is as written in the PH/DMG/MM, keeping it standard with the PH/DMG/MM is a good thing.

Remove ads