D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Nod_Hero

Explorer
Sorry if this is asked already (I did try a search) but is there a way to add more more to a wizards spellbook?
I've filled up the initial slots and the extra page of slots, but I have more spells I need to put in.

Found 3 bugs in 12.995 PF:

1st bug: similar to the Crossbow Bolts bug earlier...

1. Have "Thunder Cannon Rounds" in the Equipment list, and "Thunder Cannon" in another column.
2. Move "Thunder Cannon" to the column where "Thunder Cannon Rounds" is.
3. It will be added to "Thunder Cannon Rounds", instead of a separate item.

2nd bug:

1. Have "Thunder Cannon" in the Attacks list.
2. Have "Thunder Cannon" in the Equipment list.
3. In the Equipment list, Add Weapons & Ammunition from 1st page.
4. "Thunder Cannon" will be added every time you repeat that, even if it already exists in the Equipment list.

3rd bug: kind of a pseudo-bug:

1. In your Attacks list, have "Thunder Cannon (Monger)" but NOT "Thunder Cannon" (which is reasonable, because they're kind of redundant.)
2. Go to your Equipment list, and Add Weapons & Ammunition from 1st page.
3. Thunder Cannon will not be added.
Thank you for reporting these bugs. The first two come from consistency errors on my part. I have to make sure that all the different types of thunder cannon attack entries AND the ammo are mutually exclusive when parsed, and that is not always so easy :)

The third is not something I can easily fix. I set all the non-default Thunder Cannon attack entries to have a weight of 0 so that they aren't added to the equipment section. Otherwise, you would get 4 Thunder Cannons if you have "Thunder Cannon", "Thunder Cannon (Monger)", "Thunder Cannon (Blast Wave)", and "Thunder Cannon (Piercing Round)" in your attack section.

Sorry if this is asked already (I did try a search) but is there a way to add more more to a wizards spellbook?
I've filled up the initial slots and the extra page of slots, but I have more spells I need to put in.
There is indeed no way to add more than 114 spells to the wizards spellbook (16 "Extra" spells, 18 on the first dialogue, 80 on the second dialogue). I never expected anybody to need more spells than that! But there are 256 wizards spells in the PHB alone, so it is quite possible for a wizard to need that many spells.

Maybe you are better off just checking "Full class spell list"?

Anyway, I will add the feature to use multiple spellbook extension dialogues to the list of things to be voted upon.

Nod_Hero

Explorer
There is indeed no way to add more than 114 spells to the wizards spellbook (16 "Extra" spells, 18 on the first dialogue, 80 on the second dialogue). I never expected anybody to need more spells than that! But there are 256 wizards spells in the PHB alone, so it is quite possible for a wizard to need that many spells.

Maybe you are better off just checking "Full class spell list"?

Anyway, I will add the feature to use multiple spellbook extension dialogues to the list of things to be voted upon.

My level 16 wizard has scribed quite the collection, and those slots barely get him up to the level 5 choices.

If the (mostly unsupported) Spell Sheet Generator could have the Starter Spells and Old Black Magic spells from UA included I'd just keep using that...
just saying :lol:

uly

First Post
UPDATE: Ah it already is. Sorry my mistake.

12.995 PF bug:

- Correction:
Warlock's Eldritch Invocation: Improved Pact Weapon:
- in UA:WnW, it has a CL5 requirement
- in UA:RCO, it has no such requirement

The sheet should be updated to include the latter.

Last edited:

v12.997 - Bugfix for importing, text lines, and many, many more

It has been a month without any updates, that hasn't happened before in the life of MPMBs Character Sheets!

Many helpful people reported on big and small bugs in the sheet and this version tries to combat them.

[H6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.997 (29 July 2017):[/H6]
  • Fix for importing from PDF with a character that has attacks defined (thanks Astromath and Mike T. for reporting);
  • Fix for not being able to generate a spell sheet with all spells in any other way than just alphabetically;
  • Fix for not being able to select the spell sheet in the print dialogue (thanks Leonard B. for reporting);
  • Fix for not being able to hide the text lines for multi-line fields on all pages (thanks Charlie G. for reporting);
  • Fix for the last entry on the AL logsheet not having a date-picker (thanks [MENTION=29132]BurntToast[/MENTION]256 for reporting);
  • Fix for importing from older versions that contain an AL logsheet (before v11.6);
  • Fix for importing from a PDF that contains an AL logsheet with a date that is entered in an alternative format or an incorrect format (thanks Violet for reporting);
  • Fix for importing from an older version that contains any kind of ‘special’ companion (e.g. find familiar or ranger companion) (thanks Mark W. for reporting);
  • Fix for not all icons importing on the Printer Friendly sheets (with the help of Violet);
  • Added a menu for quicker access to the sources from the Source and Class Selection dialogues;
  • Change for the Spell Points not showing in the Limited Features section when they total 0 (as suggested by uly);
  • Fix for multiclassing bards not always getting their extra musical instrument proficiency (thanks Bobster for reporting);
  • Fix for the upgrade/downgrade xp dialogue not always showing the right experience point values;
  • Fixed some more issues with adding weapons/ammunition to the equipment section using the automation (thanks Astromath for reporting);
  • Fixed the Import Directly dialogue to show the path to the Javascripts folder again (thanks John for reporting)
  • Fix for the Wild Shape limitations not always appearing correctly on the Wild Shape pages (thanks Astromath for reporting);
  • Fix for the Tyrannosaurus attacks (thanks Ken for reporting);
  • Fix for the Feeblemind spell description (thanks Eric for reporting);
  • Fix for the Medium Armor Master feat applying its effects on current armour as well (thanks Stuart L. for reporting);
  • Fixed several typos (thanks everybody for reporting these, no matter how small).
  • Fix for the Aasimar Revenant not being applied correctly (thanks Tove L. A. for reporting);
  • Fix for the Thunder Cannon and its ammunition not interacting with the equipment section correctly (thanks uly for reporting).
Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Nod_Hero

Explorer
Hey I get to help (I think) instead of bug you about stuff!
From the class notes, the sheet generates this:
◆ Portent (School of Divination 2, PHB 116) [2d20 after a long rest]
After a short or long rest, I roll dice and keep results to be used before my next rest

Portent rolls are only done after a long rest (unless I missed an errata somewhere) so the first line has it right but the second line erroneously adds short rest to the mix.

Last edited:

Hey I get to help (I think) instead of bug you about stuff!
From the class notes, the sheet generates this:

Portent rolls are only done after a long rest (unless I missed an errata somewhere) so the first line has it right but the second line erroneously adds short rest to the mix.
Good catch! I will fix it in the next version!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases