Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E Launches At UK Games Expo In June!

Very cool! Morrus can you send someone to get one?!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
That being said, I’ll still be first in line to preorder WFRP4e. Because at the end of the day, I am a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay fan first and foremost, and a writer of Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG second.

Nevertheless, you decided to jump into a thread in which we got news that were highly anticipated by all WFRP fans and tried to paint the new edition in an unfavorable light. I was a backer for your KS, but the kind of marketing tactics that you've been using are souring me on your game.

Last edited by a moderator:

JetstreamGW

Explorer
it was confirmed through back channel discussions that Cubicle 7 delayed Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth edition due to the release of Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG. The direct quote was that the version they had prepared for release was “...viewed with embarrassment” when compared to Zweihänder’s comprehensiveness. Cubicle 7 then went back to the drawing board to refine WFRP 4e, and pulled in Graeme Davis to give it some much-needed star power.

I'm going to go out on a limb and call this nonsense.

Either give a source or stop disseminating FUD. I'm sick and tired of proponents of that heartbreaker game trying to wedge into my WFRP goodness. It's creator had to be formally warned before he quit inserting his game into every WFRP discussion over at rpg.net. They even tried to inject links into Warhammer's Wikipedia page for chrisakes.

Heh. "before he quit."

He never quit. He got permabanned for it.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Jebus... I *wanted* to say where I got the information from, and yet it seems I never actually did. Very sorry about that :(

For some particular reason, I cannot edit my original post... ??? Perhaps a glitch...

edit: Is it because it's now on the news page? I guess I can see why Morrus would do things that way...

... I "made" the news huzza? :)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Nevertheless, you decided to jump into a thread in which we got news that were highly anticipated by all WFRP fans and tried to paint the new edition in an unfavorable light. I was a backer for your KS, but the kind of marketing tactics that you've been using are souring me on your gane,

Well... in [MENTION=55033]Moniker[/MENTION] 's defense, I was a giant poopy head and told him to his face I didn't like the game (because I didn't realize who he was) so he might have been peeved a bit... :/

I reported the news here, but everything else I've posted in this thread is a swing and a miss. :(

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
It especially rings false given Cubicle 7 has a stellar reputation for adapting other peoples material. TOR and AiME were both well considered in production and rules, and I can only imagine how bad it would be for them as a company if they sunk a massive release like WFRP. I have an incredibly hard time believing that they would just phone in a project this large.

Well, there was this statement by Cubicle 7

Design lead Dominic McDowall is on hand to tell us about the game’s development:

“The initial plan was to make some small updates to the awesome second edition, and that would mean we would be able to release the game in 2017. We’re all huge fans of the first and second editions of WFRP, and we wanted to take the game back to those roots.

“When I got into the guts of the game I started seeing more opportunities to add in some of the things we’ve learned over the years. This more creative direction meant a longer development phase.

So the *initial* plan was a fairly minor revision. So *that* part of the story is true at least.

CapnZapp

Legend
Well, there was this statement by Cubicle 7

So the *initial* plan was a fairly minor revision. So *that* part of the story is true at least.
That doesn't excuse Moniker appropriating the delay for his own game's gain. Until he supplies a trusted source please consider it entirely coincidental and stop making "he was at least part right" statements. Thank you.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Well... in @Moniker 's defense, I was a giant poopy head and told him to his face I didn't like the game (because I didn't realize who he was) so he might have been peeved a bit... :/

I reported the news here, but everything else I've posted in this thread is a swing and a miss. :(

Unless you live in my area, I can assure you we’ve never met in person. I haven’t been to any conventions, so I am unsure where we would have met. And, by my recollection, I haven’t had a conversation with any one in person who didn’t like the game.

I also don’t make it a habit to combat or engage people in a negative way if they don’t like Zweihander. Opinions and taste vary, and I respect that.

Finally, I am someone who doesn’t lie or stretch the truth for my own gain. However, I will not give up sources. As I said before, both of these sources are directly connected to GW and Cubicle 7. Whether you believe it or not is entirely up to you.

...and that’s all folks! Further questions can be directed to me at daniel@grimandperilous.com

Cheer~

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Unless you live in my area, I can assure you we’ve never met in person. I haven’t been to any conventions, so I am unsure where we would have met. And, by my recollection, I haven’t had a conversation with any one in person who didn’t like the game.

I meant "to your face" as in this thread. :/

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
That doesn't excuse Moniker appropriating the delay for his own game's gain. Until he supplies a trusted source please consider it entirely coincidental and stop making "he was at least part right" statements. Thank you.

... have you, perchance, been promoted to a moderator? Please consider your tone. Thank you.

;)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads