WotC Wants You To Help Shape D&D

Wow - that took quite a bit of time!
Wow - that took quite a bit of time!

Answering 1 is the same as that.

They are just asking the question in the positive. Do you like to play this way? Do you like to play that way?

Making it a 10, 20, or 40 point scale and asking people what they hate about the way others play is not going to give them better info.

Please don't talk to me like i'm an idiot. I did answer 1 for these questions because there was no other choice. Then, after I finished the survey, I came here toe kvetch about the lack of choices. Here in a place where we are not limited to radio buttons choices of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. I did not to have someone tell "the right way to answer the question." I'm not a child.

Seems the survey is more directed towards players than DMs. Nothing related to my non-existent PCs is important to me...

About how long after your introduction to D&D did you play your first tabletop D&D game?
Funny that the highest you can choose is "a few months later".

I heard about D&D from video games when I was a child... probably around 1988. But wasn't interested much in it because the video games were too hard for me. Years later I got interesting Pen&Paper but all the rulesets seemed too difficult to learn, so I just make up some simple rules myself. In 2015 I then watched the LPers I always watch play Pen&Paper and got motivated to try it again. I heard that there is now a 4th and a 5th edition of D&D which I never heard of before. Then I informed myself and learned that 5e is actually much easier to learn than the other editions and you can even get the basic rules for free. I downloaded the free basic rules... and ever since I'm a fan.

So it's basically 27 years from when I first heard about it to when I first played it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Please don't talk to me like i'm an idiot. I did answer 1 for these questions because there was no other choice. Then, after I finished the survey, I came here toe kvetch about the lack of choices. Here in a place where we are not limited to radio buttons choices of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. I did not to have someone tell "the right way to answer the question." I'm not a child.

Not understanding surveys is not the same as being an idiot or a child.

No one can be an expert in all fields.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Assuming someone doesn't understand a freaking survey is insulting. You don't need to be an expert to understand "how interested are you in x?"

This is insulting to people whose profession is data gathering like this.

You are demonstrating your lack of knowledge and understanding. That isn't an insult. All people don't have knowledge of most things.

I did the whole survey and answered all the questions honestly. One thing that really stood out is that I'm obviously NOT the audience they are going for. It is pretty obvious that they are trying to figure out how to expand the brand more, beyond the ttrpg books, and I was never interested in that, even back in the late 70s.

The repetitive questions are common in surveys, but they made it too obvious they were doing it by grouping them too closely together.

Some of the questions about why and how you like to play were a bit odd. I'm not sure what they were trying to get out of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

I did the whole survey and answered all the questions honestly. One thing that really stood out is that I'm obviously NOT the audience they are going for. It is pretty obvious that they are trying to figure out how to expand the brand more, beyond the ttrpg books, and I was never interested in that, even back in the late 70s.
Yeah I pretty much put "Not interested" everywhere too. Then selected "other" and mentioned that one thing I'd actually buy would be the rule books in PDF version so I can word search through them.

Hjorimir

Adventurer
I absolutely use ENWorld for my RPG news. Yeah, yeah, Twitter and whatnot. Too much noise on Twitter for me. I like checking in at ENWorld once in a while and getting the digest.

Remove ads

Remove ads