Looking for good "against the cult" adventures - preferably urban

Riley37

First Post
I think you're misremembering. The adventure starts with the cult raiding and looting (not invading and conquering) a small hamlet called Greenest. The town of Phlan doesn't appear in Tyranny of Dragons at all.

Ah, correction accepted. I'm talking about DDEX 1-10, "Tyranny in Phlan", and not about "Tyranny of Dragons". Thank you.

ccs

41st lv DM
For PF, look at book 3 (or is it 4?) Of the Mummies Mask AP. The cover has a Sphinx on it & the title has something to do with a sphinx.

Short synopsis;
The AP is about the party tracking down the Mcguffin Of Doom of the moment - in this case the shattered soul of an ancient evil mummy lord - and fighting the evil cult who's also seeking it.
Anyways, clues from the previous book have led the party into the desert seeking information from a sphinx.
When they get there they find the villains 1 step ahead of them.
They fight some cult members who're still there & that in turn leads them further into the desert where they fight more of the cult in a dungeon hidden beneath a sphinx statue.

tolcreator

Explorer
Cultists assist that dragon, because of cult loyalty; but any previous connection between that dragon, and cult activity in the city, is left to the imagination of the DM.

Because the Season 2 adventures assume that Season 1 happens, a lot of mention is made of this. Also because I'm running the adventures on the sword coast with Neverwinter slotted in for Mulmaster, and Luskan for Phlan, the green dragon that has conquered Luskan, is none other that the very same Green Dragon that the PCs ( different party but same players ) encountered in Lost Mines of Phandelver, only now Adult instead of Young :)

I'm looking for good adventures that pits the party against a (preferably) hidden cult in an urban setting. If the cult is devil worshipers or similar, even better, though anything will do. An Aboleth/Far Realm cult is also great!

The party will be unravelling the machinations of the cult of Asmodeus in Neverwinter/Waterdeep, so I'm looking for great adventures to use/steal from. I know of the Living Forgotten Realms adventures for 4E that are Asmodean cult based (those taking place in Neverwinter and Waterdeep), and knoe the Monte Cook adventure "Night of Dissolution".

It doesn't have to be a devil cult, edition doesn't matter. Can also be from a paizo adventure path etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Oh, and a Mind Flayer plot a la 3E's "The Speaker in Dreams" is of great interest as well. :)
I know this is a little bit back, but this adventure seems to fit your description. A secret cult operating within a slaughterhouse. An adventure designed for parties level 7 to 9.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases