Dark Days in Sion pbp ALL THINGS OOC

narayan

Explorer
PM's and Post schedule

So it seems like ENWorld has done away with the personal message system. Therefore, anyone who needs to contact me should use my email instead... crowsontheskulls@gmail.com

Also, Burrai and Svexyn need to post more frequently. Every player should do their best to post within 48 hours when prompted to act. (Unless their character is sleeping or otherwise indisposed while in game) If you need time off, or a break, let me know so I can write you out of a scene temporarily.

This is dragging way too slowly, other PC's are waiting and its not fair to them. It pains me to do so because it really screws with the storyline, but if I must I will remove PC's from the active-roster who can't keep up.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So it seems like ENWorld has done away with the personal message system.

No I haven't. It's right there at the top of the page!

message.jpg

Hillsy7

First Post
So it seems like ENWorld has done away with the personal message system. Therefore, anyone who needs to contact me should use my email instead... crowsontheskulls@gmail.com

Also, Burrai and Svexyn need to post more frequently. Every player should do their best to post within 48 hours when prompted to act. (Unless their character is sleeping or otherwise indisposed while in game) If you need time off, or a break, let me know so I can write you out of a scene temporarily.

This is dragging way too slowly, other PC's are waiting and its not fair to them. It pains me to do so because it really screws with the storyline, but if I must I will remove PC's from the active-roster who can't keep up.

Hey,

I'm normally flat out over Friday and Saturday, and sometimes Sunday if I'm doing something with the wife. Appreciate that I could do a little better with timeliness, that's totally fair, but depending on when everything falls I can realistically only definitely commit to once a week (I have time scheduled on either a Monday or Tuesday night).

All that said, if I'm holding people up then it's totally justified if you want to ask me to step out. Appreciate matching posting rates is important and if people need a solid commitment of every 3-4 days, then that's totally cool. I'm a big boy and completely understand....

narayan

Explorer
Posting Frequency, Second game???

Hillsy said:
All that said, if I'm holding people up then it's totally justified if you want to ask me to step out. Appreciate matching posting rates is important and if people need a solid commitment of every 3-4 days, then that's totally cool. I'm a big boy and completely understand....

Well to be honest I wouldn't enjoy playing the game as much without Burrai. He's a great character and you're an exemplary writer.

However, the logistics of keeping so many characters active with dissimilar posting schedules isn't working. As I see it we must change the posting frequency to once a week for Sion to keep the pace consistent for everyone.

BUT, for those of us who have more time to post, I propose starting a second game that's faster-paced. The alternate game will still be in Sion of course, but far away from the main game so we don't have to worry about overlap for a long while.

Everyone please chime in with your thoughts?

Thanks!

97mg

Explorer
Hi Guys :)

Current pace:

The Sion pace and expectations are generally fine for me, can usually get a reply up within a few days. I'm in Australia of course, so sometimes the time difference might not work in everyone's favor?

Tbh I find the writing bit pretty quick, its the formatting and quoting in posts that take a bit of time to do nicely.

With two characters in the mix, the current volume of writing is perfect for me at the moment.

Second game thread:

My only concern with a second spin-off Sion game is the volume of work for you Narayan? A lot of thought goes into your setup and posts.

Personally, I like long-term games just like Sion is. I prefer having an ongoing commitment to these projects, so you can really get into a character's head and develop them. I cringe when games either drop, die or go on pause for long periods after DM's and Players do such nice work.

So whatever we do, I'd love if it can be a long-term solution (not a short lifespan thing as a temporary fix).

I'm curious about Kryslogious, is this character still active?
What about Svexyn? Fangor is usually pretty quick to respond :) Hope he is ok.

If the Wrenwil story arc is at threat of not working out, then I'd definitely be up for a second game. Hell, sign me up anyway! I'm not sure if three characters might slow down my responses a little though, but willing to give it a good hard go :)

*group hugs*

Ivo

Hillsy7

First Post
Suggestion

Well, I could suggest taking a slightly two speed approach to things - at least to try it out first before potentially doubling everyone's workload. So where there isn't story critical input required, just continue anyway after an appropriate amount of time. If it is story critical, then a simple PM or OOC post saying "This needs something in 48 hours", be that either a full post or a direction of some sort, this allows the story to progress with all the input needed, not necessarily all the input possible. I guess if you're waiting for "Is there anything else you want to do before acting?" sort of posts, then just flipping the bird and saying "Time's up" is largely fine by me. If there's something vital, it can be addressed in post or reworked later on....but mainly, tough.

So as an example, my last 2 posts were, in my opinion, largely unimportant. The first was mostly agreeing with Ersun and adding some fluff to the plan (non-essential), and the most recent was essentially a "Yeah I'm good to go post".....Yes you might lose a little characterisation and depth, but it's probably not worth it at the expense of holding everything up.

I know I have an issue with brevity, and I struggle sometimes to construct posts that focus tightly on what's necessary (case in point, the last post took 250 words to say "Lead on Ren") because it feels like I'm not addressing something. Consequently I'm hunting around for a clean patch of 60-90 mins to construct my post.....

But anyway - I'd say maybe trying to push ahead when it's not vital, and flagging when it is, might be worth an experiment to see if it fixes most of the issue???

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
I'm here - sorry, work is crazy right now. Just got alerted that we had another 34 people released today. Means more work on my end... I will be posting today for Svexyn's response. Need to head out for last few errands and then will get the post done.

Remove ads