Most Anticipated RPG of 2017: The Official Poll!

47 nominees have been nominated, the list has been compiled, and now it's time to commence the voting! This poll will run for one week (until Thursday 12th January). Which of the listed products is your most anticipated game of 2017? You may vote for multiple products if you are anticipating more than one.

47 nominees have been nominated, the list has been compiled, and now it's time to commence the voting! This poll will run for one week (until Thursday 12th January). Which of the listed products is your most anticipated game of 2017? You may vote for multiple products if you are anticipating more than one.

Check out last year's winning 10 most anticipated games here. This is the 4th annual poll measuring the most anticipated full standalone tabletop roleplaying games of the year (not supplemental items like adventures, accessories, settings, and sourcebooks).

d20.jpg

thorgrit

Explorer
I too missed the nomination, and it's nobody's fault but mine!

That said, Red Markets may not qualify, as the Kickstarter says December 2017 and I always add 2-3 months minimum to expectation of any KS project. Original game of "economic horror - the world has ended and the rent's still due" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159466030/red-markets

And Hydro Hackers is still being worked on and iterated, not even ready to go up on Kickstarter yet, so it might not be a 2017 game either. Powered by the Apocalypse "hydropunk Robin Hoods who steal water from the rich corporations to provide it to their neighborhood" http://www.encodeddesigns.com/h2o/

A project I backed that was due in 2016 but hasn't shown up yet is Anthro Adventures, basically a Pathfinder-compatible setting for furries (well, for "new and younger players", but I got it because I'm a furry). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/494568513/anthro-adventures-a-pathfinder-compatible-fantasy/ - I've grown away from Pathfinder lately though and my gaming group isn't all that interested in furries anyway.

gantry

Explorer
Pity Chronicles of Aerthe hasn't appeared here considering they had a successful kickstarter and the quickstart was downloaded almost 500 times.

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
I'm trying to figure out how Dungeon Fantasy got on there. Nearly the entire thing has been released already.

I might be misinformed.

@Morrus Are you happy to see your products on there? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here are the charts for 2013, 2015, and 2016. We didn't do it in 2014.

Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 12.59.50.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 12.59.50.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 12.59.50.png
    355 KB · Views: 4,155

Big Mac

Explorer
Other: I'm looking forward to D&D Classics converting the old school Dungeons & Dragons products that are too pricey for me on the second hand market to Print on Demand format, so that I can buy one of everything on Echohawk's Spelljammer Collectors List.

I am also looking forward to Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Planescape and Spelljammer going onto DMs Guild, so that 5th Edition D&D can provide me with content that might tempt me to bother learning a new RPG.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Other: I'm looking forward to D&D Classics converting the old school Dungeons & Dragons products that are too pricey for me on the second hand market to Print on Demand format, so that I can buy one of everything on Echohawk's Spelljammer Collectors List.

I am also looking forward to Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Planescape and Spelljammer going onto DMs Guild, so that 5th Edition D&D can provide me with content that might tempt me to bother learning a new RPG.

Those are not RPGs, they're adventures and settings.

Big Mac

Explorer
Those are not RPGs, they're adventures and settings.

Fair enough. Lets say I'm interested in seeing 2nd Edition and 3rd Edition D&D get a revival from Print on Demand then.

That's what I'm anticipating anyway. If that doesn't count, then put me down for "None of the above". :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads