D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: 90 ft? Really? The room is over 100 ft long? Geez. Well, I didn’t need the advantage, so Morwen will dash instead to get as close as possible. I wanted him to be close enough to give Tommi his sneak attack, but whatevs.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Yeah. Have a look at the map! Partly, it's because I upped the scale from 10 to 15' squares way back when I did the first fight in the bunkroom because I didn't want it to be too crowded (and the maps looked better that way). I've just kept that scale since, so I suppose the tables are a bit big in the bar, but the map looks good that way. It's also that Titus and Enseth were in a room that is all the way across the long common room from the door that Tommi opened. Even at the original scale, you would have been 90 feet from Tommi at the start of the fight.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: It’s all good! I was just looking at the squares on the map rather than the ones on the spreadsheet. Didn’t need the advantage anyway, so now I know.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Tommi!

Dandin looked away from the goblin at the sounds by the door and rushed forward to try to help. Then, sensing more behind the first, he stopped and called out to the one in the doorway.

"Hey ugly! Didn't your mommy ever tell you it's not nice to choke someone without at least saying hello first?"

OOC: Viscious Mockery: [roll0] and DA on first attack if fails a Wis 13 save. (Best I could come up with.

Move 15 feet to stand behind the central pillar. Should be a nice source of cover.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi, Enseth, & Titus vs Bugbear1

Hearing the commotion from across the common room, Enseth and Titus left off searching the Wizard's room and rushed out to help. Tommi imagined someone was there to help him, but it was only the force of Enseth's missiles striking the large hairy goblin. Jynn's boy stabbed at the brute with Gutter, but he could not generate enough force to pierce the bugbear's thick hide.

"Ha!" scoffed the hairy brute as it was grazed by Titus' bolt, "You no kill Shorgg, liddle man-child!"

He carried Tommi around the corner to avoid further fire and slammed the young man up against the wall, choking him still.

Two more bugbears that were behind them lurking in the shadows of the dark basement, ran past. They burst forth into the common room, howling and brandishing large fiendish-looking clubs.

GM: Still Angis @KahlessNestor to go. (I'll get to Dandin & the NPCs then, too!)
Damage Taken:
(BGs) BB1 13 (Enseth's MM) & 2 (Titus' EB);
(PCs) Tommi 7 (BB1's hairy mitts);
(NPCs) None
[Sblock=Notes]
Bugbear1 auto-damage vs Tommi (still grabbed)
2d8+3: 7 [2d8=3, 1]
[/Sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
10:02 PM
Round 1

“Oh, ‘ells!” Angis exclaimed as Tommi opened a door and a bugbear grabbed him by the throat. Angis looked at the bound goblin beside him. “Ye move, I kill ye slow,” he threatened. Then he drew out and loaded his heavy crossbow and circled around the table to shoot at the bugbear holding Tommi, but he fumbled the crossbow and the bolt clattered to the floor.

OOC: Add whatever cover modifiers you need.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move: To V6
Free Object Interaction: Draw heavy crossbow
Action: Heavy Crossbow: 1d20+3 4
Natural 1.

Bonus Action:

Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 3/31 HD: 2/3d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dandin & Angis

Dandin moved behind a pillar and called out to the Bugbear who was choking his friend. The brute grunted in annoyance, but he was already choking poor Tommi, and the halfling's mockery hurt, but did not stop him.

Angis rounded the table, but he dropped his quarrel as the other two Bugbears hollered and charged across the room. He cussed and furiously continued to load.

Averiel & Andrik

Averiel jumped up onto a table as one of the bugbears rushed toward her. As Morwin the Tressym flew past her into the bugbear's face, she sent two arrows at it. To her dismay, both of them struck the bugbear's oversized club as it swung it about to fend off the flying cat.

Heroically, the Julkounian guide held his ground against the other charging bugbear, but he kept his shield up, defending himself while waiting for others to bring the offensive.

Hobgoblin & Four Goblins

Thumps could be heard from outside the broken stained-glass windows as four goblins and a hobgoblin jumped off of the low roof. They landed in the ditch that ran along the partly-underground outer wall of the tavern, and they took cover behind the wall. The hobgoblin urged the goblins to break their way through the windows using curses and threats.

GM: A few more bad guys and some bad rolls...
Damage Taken:
(BGs) BB1 4 (Dandin's Mockery);
(PCs) None;
(NPCs) None
[Sblock=Notes]
BB1 Wis Save vs Dandin: 1d20+1: 8 [1d20=7]
Averiel Arrows vs BB3
2#1d20+4: 2 # 5 [1d20=1] 11 [1d20=7]
2#1d6+2: 2 # 3 [1d6=1] 3 [1d6=1] 2d6: 9 [2d6=6, 3]
Andrik will Dodge.
[/Sblock]

FitzTheRuke