D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC:
Doesn't the troll take damage from [the slide] too?
Oh yes, he does. I meant to include it in my damage notes up there, but I forgot. He also failed his save, hence the prone condition. It's a risky move, and it didn't work out too well for him. Here:

Damage Taken: Troll3 20 (foolish slide)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto felt much better after tending to his wounds. He then looked up to gauge what the troll was up to and, to his surprise, the troll came crashing down the slope. Sesto had no time to get out of the way and took the full brunt of the force. Sesto was winded and knocked back, still sprawling on the ground.
Sesto got up on his feet and directed his spectral mace at the troll's head. And for good measure, he mumbled a dark curse and directed it into the troll's skull.

OOC: Dex Save: 1D20+1 = [8]+1 = 9
Bonus Action: 2D20.HIGH(1)+8 = [7, 9]+8 = 17, 1D8+5 = [3]+5 = 8[/url]
Action: Toll the Dead (Wis Save, DC16), necrotic damage: 2D12 = [11, 3] 14
Move: Stand up and move to... no, stays there.
Yay! CoyoteCode is up and running again!

OOC: Edit:
HP: 36/59
Spellslots used: lvl 1 1/4, lvl 2 3/3, lvl 3 2/3, lvl 4 1/2

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: Oh yes, he does. I meant to include it in my damage notes up there, but I forgot. He also failed his save, hence the prone condition. It's a risky move, and it didn't work out too well for him. Here:

Damage Taken: Troll3 20 (foolish slide)
Ooc: Oh! Well that is fair then, and it makes sort of sense for a creature that regenerates... and he caused lots of damage.

Question is, who gets up first? Makes a big difference for advantage to hit...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Cursing bitterly, Kalorn got up, spat blood, and stumbled towards the troll, blade high

Attack 1 with advantage on prone, I hope, troll 3, using greater weapon mastery: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4
1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8

His first swing hit the wall. Kalorn paused, then swung down. "Die, beast!"

Attack 2 with advantage on prone, I hope, troll 3, using greater weapon mastery: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9
1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22

attack 2 vs troll damage with gwm: 2D6+15 = [2, 3]+15 = 20

re rolling the 2 : 1D6 = [6] = 6

So 20 -2 +6 = 24 dmg.

ALTERNATIVE ACTION: if the troll is dead, attack the Kobolds!

2 attacks without advantage and without gwm vs kobolds: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26

If a kobold dies and there is another one nearby, reaction to attack a second kobold, as per gwm

2 attack dmg vs kobolds: 2D6+5 = [6, 2]+5 = 13
2D6+5 = [3, 6]+5 = 14

Re-rolling the 2 on the first attack: re rolling the 2 vs kobold: 1D6 = [4] = 4

So attack damages are 15 and 14

Possible reaction attack
possible reaction attack vs kobold: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16

Possible reaction attack damage possible reaction attack dmg vs kobold: 2D6+5 = [6, 5]+5 = 16

[sblock=minisheet]Kalorn of Mulmaster, the cursed sell-sword (Fighter(eldrich knight) 3/Warlock(hexblade) 5; alt-human, soldier)
HP: 38/63, Hit dice: 8/8
Temp HP: 0/7
AC: 16 Temp AC:
Passive Perception 15
Saves: Str: +5, Dex: -1, Con: +5, Int: +0 , Wis: +2, Cha: +3
Warlock slots remaining = 1/2. EK slots remaining = 2/2
Action surge = 1/1. Second wind = 0/1, hexblade curse = 0/1
Potions of healing remaining: 6[/sblock]

Fradak

Explorer
Taking a smarmy tone, Lorenn replied, "Oh I'm deeply sorry for this discomfort, Milord."

"But you woke up the entire complex with the crazy slurping spell you guys cast! Now if you miss your slippers and a warm fire, my Elven hide can fix that."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto is hiding the fact that it was he who made the ruckus in the first place trying to sneak past the kobolds...
Instead, he looks over at Mord who looks badly burnt by a kobald shaman's spell. Sesto stumbles over to Mord but needs to catch his breath before he can cast a healing spell.

OOC: Sesto moves his remaining 15 ft to T15, next to Mord.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lorenn & Sesto vs Troll3

Lorenn managed to roll with his board to take the bulk of the blow out of the Ice-Troll's sliding crash. He flipped upside-down and slashed the troll's throat with his blade, and then sliding up the steep slope, he sent his flaming sphere rolling down. The troll scrambled to get up, kicking the bodies of his dead fellows in the way of the flames. Still he was lightly scorched and he clutched at his slashed throat.

Having been struck by the sliding troll, Sesto slid across the ice on his back. He gestured, and his spectral mace struck the Troll in the back. He prayed, and a deep tone echoed through the corridor. The troll's eyes went blank, and the creature fell to the ground.

Sesto climbed to his feet and moved into the side-tunnel, disappearing into Kalorn's illusion.

GM: I had to pick-and-chose the order of actions.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Troll3 38 (Lorenn's Sword), 7 fire (Lorenn's Sphere), 8 (Sesto's SpiritMace), & 14 (Toll the Dead) (Dead);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
[sblock=Notes]
Troll3 Dex Save vs Flaming Sphere
1d20+1: 21 [1d20=20]
Troll3 Wis Save vs Toll the Dead
1d20-1: 8 [1d20=9
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Everyone else vs Kobolds

Mord flung an eldritch bolt at the kobold with the alchemical pots. The kobold ducked his first bolt, and made to prepare a pot, but he was struck dead by Mord's second bolt, and the warlock disappeared into Kalorn's illusion.

Kalorn stood, spat blood, and stepped around Primus, who seemed to him to be not paying attention at all to the kobold who was trying to kill him. Kalorn, thrust his large blade into the kobold, killing it instantly. He stumbled down the hall toward the next kobold.

Primus felt the troll die from inside it's mind, but was not fazed by the experience. Instead, he turned and reached out with his mind to the kobold sorcerer. The creature was much cleverer than the trolls, but still Primus forced his way into its mind and destroyed it utterly. The force of his mental assault was such that it had a physical effect - the kobold's head burst open and it fell to the floor.

Alhana shot a few of the remaining kobolds while Loklafd threw a hand axe into one. The few remaining turned and fled screeching, back up the shallow slope toward their lair. The ones that had most recently escaped Lorenn's web saw them coming, and decided that it was best to join them by running.

Encounter Over

OOC: I was working through this one at a time, with rolls and all, and I realised that there was no way that enough kobolds would remain to bother continuing. Besides! This fight has taken forever! Let's move on.

Remove ads