D&D 5E How much of the PHB have we seen? Maybe more than you think!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just collecting together all the preview pages I've posted on the news page recently.

portraitp1.jpg10325260_10152496571526071_8983892837449015744_n.jpgtoc.jpgdwarfy.jpgBsR9qm9CcAA9_Ex.jpgBsSaUIVCQAAG5En.jpg10551664_671250772956215_3995095692138488346_o.jpgwarlock1.jpgwarlock2.jpgsorc1.jpgsorc2.jpgwild1.jpgwild2.jpg10382463_10152532761701071_9216838669430726522_n.jpgimage.jpgWizards_DnD_2014-Jul-15.jpgequip1.jpgequip2.jpgbard1.jpgbard2.jpgbard3.jpgpal1.jpgpal2.jpgb0.jpgb1.jpgfeats.jpg

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Going all out on the flavor and production values...

when was the last time you actually read through a core rulebook? This could be the one.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Seems like the biggest amount of "new" stuff we're going to be reading once the book is released is mainly just Sub-classes, a handful of new Backgrounds, and a bunch more spells. Everything else will have been either previewed or appears in the Basic Game.

jgsugden

Legend
Going all out on the flavor and production values...

when was the last time you actually read through a core rulebook? This could be the one.
I've read every single PHB from AD&D to the present. More than once, each... You learn a lot of nuances that get missed when you take it in bits and pieces.

kettite

Explorer
Near as I can figure, the page numbers will end up closer to the gutters of the book than on the outside of the page. That seems like an odd design choice and I hope I'm wrong. You'd think, for instance, that the first page for the sorcerer (listed as page 99) would be on the right hand side as you're looking at the book, and the next page (100) would be on the flip side.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Near as I can figure, the page numbers will end up closer to the gutters of the book than on the outside of the page. That seems like an odd design choice and I hope I'm wrong. You'd think, for instance, that the first page for the sorcerer (listed as page 99) would be on the right hand side as you're looking at the book, and the next page (100) would be on the flip side.
We saw the first page of the Warlock before, and it was on the right side (the facing page was the wild surge table). So, even pages are on the left, odd pages on the right (just like most [all?] other books).

Well, I’ve pre-ordered mine!

Couple of questions, however..

1) Any information on whether the Player’s Handbook, Monster Manual and DM’s Guide will be released in PDF form?

2) Will the Player’s Handbook fit into the Starter’s Box if you take out the white card packaging?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
2) Will the Player’s Handbook fit into the Starter’s Box if you take out the white card packaging?

No idea, but my 3E DMG II does (first book I grabbed off the shelf), so I'm guessing yes!

Btdj-D6IcAAgWw4.jpg

In this photo, I have put TWO 3.5 hardcovers in the box, then placed the Starter Set contents on top of them. They fit easily, with plenty of room to spare. That box is roomy!

BtdkjByIYAE5Pdu.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases