D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

kaernunnos

Villager
Any chance the recent UA for Ranger and Rogue options will be added soon? I have a game where I need the Rogue (Scout) Feb 5. I could add the data manually but there's a complication - there is already a Fighter (Scout) and now the Rogue (Scout) and I saw the note in the FAQ about names needing to be completely unique (currently, when I enter Rogue (Scout), it picks up the Fighter (Scout) even though I clearly have it listed as Rogue and not Fighter). Is there a way to force the sheet to not treat Rogue (Scout) as Fighter (Scout)? It seems to even find substrings (yuck) so even ScoutB or RScout don't seem to work.

Also, has anyone taken a stab at the UA Mystic? Apparently my upcoming characters are using UA things not yet in the sheet. :(

I am in software dev (but haven't done javascript in a long time (and never for Adobe)) so I would try doing them except I'm overly busy until mid-February...

I think you should be able to not get the fighter (scout) conflict if you do not import the UA that it was in when choosing resources.

kaernunnos

Villager
Ok, Artificer is completely transcribed: https://gist.github.com/Ry7n/56454f2d9df4c2992bf29df9676b64d9

The only thing I couldn't get to work is the CreatureList for Mechanical Servant. I couldn't see how to hook into that as an option (alongside with Ranger Companions) and when the Mechanical Servants showed up in the list their stats were didn't reflect my changes.

There seems to be a minor issue with the Alchemist subclass. The alchemical formulas you pick are listed fine, but the alchemical fire and alchemical acid options are not being added to the feature or notes list.

Sorry for the long absence everybody!

I have been pretty busy for the last few weeks, but I did manage to make some time for updating the sheet and fixing many bugs, as well as adding the new Unearthed Arcana subclasses for the Ranger and the Rogue.

The Artificer will have to wait a little bit longer, but because of the valiant efforts of [MENTION=85040]RCanine[/MENTION] it won't be too long before I will have that added as well!

The new version of the Character Record Sheets will be online on DMs Guild in a moment.

[H=6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.81 (25 January 2017):[/H]
  • NEW FEATURE: The Ranger and Rogue subclasses from the Ranger & Rogue Unearthed Arcana;
  • Added bookmarks for contacting MorePurpleMoreBetter;
  • Updated the FAQ;
  • Fix for the "Razorclaw Shifter" not showing up as an "Orc" (thanks Brian H. for reporting);
  • Fix for the Tempest Domain "Wrath of the Storm" description (thanks Taed for reporting);
  • Fix for the "College of Satire" getting two attacks which it shouldn’t (thanks for reporting);
  • Fix for subclasses not being committed when more than 10 subclasses are available in the subclass selection dialogue (thanks for reporting);
  • Fix for the Bard no longer getting bardic inspiration refreshed on a short rest after reaching level 5 or more (thanks [MENTION=6747056]Des[/MENTION]ktopMa for reporting);
  • Made it possible to set any value for the damage type of attacks (thanks MetzgerWilli for the suggestion);
  • Fixed the “Color” and “FAQ” buttons not appearing in the ‘JavaScript Window’ on the Colourful versions;
  • Fix for using an array for the amount of usages for features of races;
  • Changed how subclasses are recognized, giving priority to the class name (instead of equal priority to class and subclass names);
  • Fixed three fields being visible for no reason on the secondary spell sheet pages (thanks Amor D. for reporting).
Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Strange; visiting those URLs yesterday I was getting 404s; today they're working fine. Having the access to the source is awesome; thanks!
This is truly awesome, thank you! I will hopefully have some time tomorrow and Friday to incorporate this into the sheet and add a way for the Mechanical Servant to be added on the companion page (no promises on this time-frame thought).

I see that you have more experience with coding than I do, hope it isn't too much of a change of speed for you with my first-timer code ;)

Tried adding this but it doesn't show up. I have a Swashbukler with the Alert feat. When caculating my Initiative modifyer both the Charisma modifier and +5 from the Alert feat should be added to the Dexterity modifier, but in fact, when the Alert feat is taken, the Chrarisma bonus from Swashbuckler is ignored. It works fine without the Alert feat.
The sheet has only a single field to add modifiers for initiative. The fields where you can add these kind of modifiers are hidden by default. You can toggle their visibility with the "Mods" button in the 'JavaScript Window' or the "Modifiers" bookmark.

What is happening is that the Swashbuckler adds Charisma as a modifier, but this modifier is replaced by a static +5 when you select the Alert feat. You will have to manually correct this, unfortunately. Also, when you do, you will have to correct it again if your character's charisma ever changes. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I noticed a minor quibble at the gaming table tonight. Your wording for the Tempest Cleric ability Wrath of the Storm makes it sound like it triggers off of any attack that you can see. Unless there is some errata out there that I don't know about, the attack has to actually hit for the ability to trigger.

Thanks again for putting so much work into this. I honestly don't know how I would function without it.
You are absolutely right about this and thank you for posting about it! I have clarified this in v12.81 of the sheet. Coincidentally, somebody contacted me about this very issue a day before you posted it here. It has gone unnoticed for almost two years, and suddenly I get two people within a days time contacting me about it!

Any chance the recent UA for Ranger and Rogue options will be added soon? I have a game where I need the Rogue (Scout) Feb 5. I could add the data manually but there's a complication - there is already a Fighter (Scout) and now the Rogue (Scout) and I saw the note in the FAQ about names needing to be completely unique (currently, when I enter Rogue (Scout), it picks up the Fighter (Scout) even though I clearly have it listed as Rogue and not Fighter). Is there a way to force the sheet to not treat Rogue (Scout) as Fighter (Scout)? It seems to even find substrings (yuck) so even ScoutB or RScout don't seem to work.

Also, has anyone taken a stab at the UA Mystic? Apparently my upcoming characters are using UA things not yet in the sheet. :(

I am in software dev (but haven't done javascript in a long time (and never for Adobe)) so I would try doing them except I'm overly busy until mid-February...
The UA Ranger and Rogue options have been added with v12.81, so you should be in time for your game on the 5th :)

Because of your post I made a change to how the detection of class and subclass is handled. It used to just iterate over all of them and stop at the first regex that would match. Now it will prioritize the class over the subclass so that when you write Rogue (scout) it will only look in the subclasses for the Rogue.

If you are interested, most of the code for this sheet is available over on GitHub: https://github.com/morepurplemorebetter/MPMBs-Character-Record-Sheet
Not everything is available, because a part of the code is stored in fields in Acrobat in a way that doesn't lend itself to work well together with Git.

I won't touch the Mystic until the next teased 20-level version is out. I don't feel it worth the energy to write code that will be so completely outdated in a couple of weeks ;)

wilcoxon

Explorer
The UA Ranger and Rogue options have been added with v12.81, so you should be in time for your game on the 5th :)

Because of your post I made a change to how the detection of class and subclass is handled. It used to just iterate over all of them and stop at the first regex that would match. Now it will prioritize the class over the subclass so that when you write Rogue (scout) it will only look in the subclasses for the Rogue.

If you are interested, most of the code for this sheet is available over on GitHub: https://github.com/morepurplemorebetter/MPMBs-Character-Record-Sheet
Not everything is available, because a part of the code is stored in fields in Acrobat in a way that doesn't lend itself to work well together with Git.

I won't touch the Mystic until the next teased 20-level version is out. I don't feel it worth the energy to write code that will be so completely outdated in a couple of weeks ;)

Thanks for the Rogue and Ranger additions and the change to how subclasses are detected.

I have a link saved for later for the git repository. I'll try taking a look sometime but have been very busy the last few months.

Oh? Is the Mystic supposed to be the next 20-level class released on UA? If so, I'll definitely be on the lookout for that (and completely understand not wanting to code the 10-level version now then).

Remove ads