D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Well, Mr. purple are you willing to put up the new UA sorceror in your add-ons??
I am certainly willing, but it is more a question if I have to time to add them. Unfortunately, it is not like this project pays the bills ;)

Doing things like writing the UA subclasses is feeling more and more like a charity project for a, sometimes, very demanding audience, as it is very unlikely I will ever use the code myself. This thread and your tone are good example of the demanding audience. Not to say I don't like doing this project anymore, just that it feels like a lot of pressure to do on top of all the other stuff I have going on.

I will be adding the new UA material, but the people who support this project over on Patreon have voted, and they decided that they would rather first see the context-aware attack calculation added than the new UA material. So, first I will be adding that feature and only then will I be looking into the new UA article.

My thinking is that the companion page would also be used for horses and larger companions, and I would suspect that most people get barding (armor) for them -- I know that I do! Though, it's no big deal since the AC field is manually editable.
The AC field is manually editable exactly for this reason, that you can add AC-altering things like barding. Having a calculation there adds complexity that is simply unnecessary for most companions. Also, there are no clear official rules on barding, especially for all the different companions that you can add. Sooner or later people would flood my inbox with complaints about things that are not RAW, so I rather avoid that ;)

I didn't see the various mount accessories (saddles, barding, etc.) and vehicles (cart, rowboat, etc.) and the various horses listed in the gear section. I understand that is probably beyond the line of what to add to the project, but thought I'd mention it in case it is somewhere non-obvious.
Only the "Adventuring Gear" section has a way to add equipment via automation. I didn't feel that horses, carts, or boats fit the category of that equipment section, especially considering that their weight would be added to the 'total weight carried'.

It would be nice if the "Common Attacks" section on the first page had the various Artificer features choosable, such as Alchemical Fire, Alchemical Acid, Thunder Monger, etc. After all, those are essentially cantrip attacks that will make up 75% of an Artificer's attacks.
Check out the Patreon, for there you can vote on what new features will be added next. Having context-aware attack calculations is next on the to-do list (and that is what is needed to make your 'common attacks' suggestion possible, as they scale at their own, unique, way which is not something that the sheet can just 'know').

SpaceCasey

Villager
I am certainly willing, but it is more a question if I have to time to add them. Unfortunately, it is not like this project pays the bills ;)

Doing things like writing the UA subclasses is feeling more and more like a charity project for a, sometimes, very demanding audience, as it is very unlikely I will ever use the code myself. This thread and your tone are good example of the demanding audience. Not to say I don't like doing this project anymore, just that it feels like a lot of pressure to do on top of all the other stuff I have going on.

I will be adding the new UA material, but the people who support this project over on Patreon have voted, and they decided that they would rather first see the context-aware attack calculation added than the new UA material. So, first I will be adding that feature and only then will I be looking into the new UA article.

Sorry, thought my tone was more whimsical... As to doing that other request from your Patreon, yeah.. go for it.

I actually was thinking of doing the code myself, using your previous work as templates. I am sure there is a learning curve, but I am optimistic. Is there a place to send the code for verification and help with fixes?

After about 50 hours of working on the new feature, I got the code working, and gone over almost all feats and class & racial features for adding code for this new feature.

A rundown of the features that have been edited:
• Feats:
o Crossbow Expert
o Great Weapon Fighting
o Sharpshooter
o Tavern Brawler
o Tough [HP]
• Class Features:
o Rage (Barbarian)
o Brutal Critical (Barbarian)
o Martial Arts (Monk)
o Ki-Empowered Strikes (Monk)
o Archery Fighting Style
o Dueling Fighting Style
o Great Weapon Fighting Style
o Two-Weapon Fighting Style
o Close Quarters Shooter Fighting Style
o Improved Divine Smite (Paladin)
o Sneak Attack (Rogue)
o Pact of the Blade (Warlock)
o Lifedrinker (Warlock invocation)
o Repelling Blast (Warlock invocation)
o Potent Spellcasting (Cleric archetypes)
o Divine Strike (Cleric archetypes)
o Channel Divinity: Sacred Weapon (Paladin, Oath of Devotion)
o Draconic Resilience (Sorcerer, Draconic Bloodline [HP])
o Elemental Affinity (Sorcerer, Draconic Bloodline)
o Song of Victory (Wizard, Bladesinger)
o Improved Critical (Fighter, Champion)
o Superior Critical (Fighter, Champion)
o Radiant Soul (Warlock, the Undying Light)
o Favored Enemy & Greater Favored Enemy (UA Ranger)
o Raging Storm: Sea (Barbarian, Path of the Storm Herald)
o Arcane Arrow (Fighter, Arcane Archer)
o Implacable Mark (Fighter, Knight)
o Hold the Line (Fighter, Knight)
o Steady Aim (Fighter, Sharpshooter)
o Kensei Weapons (Monk, Way of the Kensei)
o One with the Blade (Monk, Way of the Kensei)
o Precise Strike (Monk, Way of the Kensei)
o Invincible Conqueror (Paladin, Oath of Conquest)
o Channel Divinity: Poison Strike (Paladin, Oath of Treachery)
o Piercing Thorns (Ranger, Primeval Guardian Conclave)
• Racial Features:
o Talons (Aarakocra, converged with unarmed strike)
o Dwarven Toughness (Hill Dwarf [HP])
o Savage Attacks (Half-Orc)

As far as I can tell, I have done all Feats, Class Features, and Racial Features that you would want to have an affect on the attack calculations. The only ones that I still have to do are the Artificer features.
If you think of more things that could benefit from the new context-aware attack calculation, let me know, and I can add them to the list!

RCanine

First Post
I've been gushing about this sheet for a while, but wanted to add something I didn't know. If, like me, you're desperate to get this sheet to work correctly on iPad, check out Adobe Acrobat for iPad seems like a silly app to exist given Apple's excellent PDF support, but on first blush Acrobat for iPad appears to handle MPMB's sheet great, while iBooks does not.

I've been gushing about this sheet for a while, but wanted to add something I didn't know. If, like me, you're desperate to get this sheet to work correctly on iPad, check out Adobe Acrobat for iPad seems like a silly app to exist given Apple's excellent PDF support, but on first blush Acrobat for iPad appears to handle MPMB's sheet great, while iBooks does not.
The mobile version of Adobe Acrobat doesn't support document-level JavaScript nor most of the JavaScript actions that the desktop version does. Just compare Acrobat's Desktop JavaScript API with the Mobile JavaScript API and you will see a big difference in substance ;)

So although you will be able to view the sheet and even make changes in the form fields, those changes will have no automation behind them. Even worse, when you make those changes, save the sheet, and then open the sheet on desktop PC, you might see that the automation hasn't caught up with the changes and you might not be able to undo that.

This is why the sheet comes with the "Flatten" toggle. It limits the form fields that you can alter, so that you can safely use the sheet on your mobile device without having to worry about issues with changes. After you are done on your mobile device, open the sheet on your desktop device again, and use the "Flatten" toggle to make all form fields editable again.

fil512

Explorer
Wizard bug

I love this tool so much! For me it works perfectly for all classes except Wizard.

When I select Wizard, it doesn't let me pick the spells that are in my spellbook. I don't want to get a list of all Wizard 1st level spells, I only want the ones that are in my spellbook. Is it a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

I love this tool so much! For me it works perfectly for all classes except Wizard.

When I select Wizard, it doesn't let me pick the spells that are in my spellbook. I don't want to get a list of all Wizard 1st level spells, I only want the ones that are in my spellbook. Is it a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
That sounds like a weir issue. When you go to generate a spell sheet, you should get a dialogue where you can set the spells that are in your wizard spellbook. On the bottom right of that dialogue, you can have the sheet filter the spells from the list of spells that you selected to be in your spellbook.

If you are getting all level 1 spells of a wizard on your generated spell sheet, something must be going wrong. It would probably be easiest if you could send me your sheet.

I just tried generating a spell sheet for a level 1 Wizard with the Colorful-A4 v12.82 of the Character Record sheet and it worked exactly as intended.

fil512

Explorer
Thanks for the quick reply. A hint as to what's going on: when I select "Wizard 1" it pops up the 3 Cantrips, but it does not show any boxes for my spells. My only option is to select them in the "spells to add to class list."

All the other classes (Sorcerer, Warlock) work as expected. The problem is isolated to Wizard.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases