D&D 5E Leif's First 5E Homebrew Out-Of-Character Thread

Leif

Adventurer
Risia is carrying a lantern. Does Harald say anything to her about his unseen servant? If so, say it IC, please.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I need a marching order in this thread, please. Once you give me one, I'll put it in one of the 'reserved' posts at the beginning of this thread and probably the RG as well.

And I added links to the other two threads of this game to the first post of each thread.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Justincase, Stax works with cobbler's and smith's tools, but the tools on his equipment list are carpenter's tools. You should probably change that to cobbler's tools, unless you want to make it smith's tools and lug around an anvil and a forge that weigh a couple hundred pounds.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I would say Unseen Servant (with lantern), Lee (highest AC), Harald (lowest AC), and then Risia. If Fifth, the dwarven cleric, is still around, put him in the back.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Justincase, Stax works with cobbler's and smith's tools, but the tools on his equipment list are carpenter's tools. You should probably change that to cobbler's tools, unless you want to make it smith's tools and lug around an anvil and a forge that weigh a couple hundred pounds.

Thanks, well spotted! I meant carpenter's tools instead of cobbler's. Must've missed that and I'll change it.

In fact, I was hoping Stax would carry around an anvil (hence the very heavy backpack), but not a forge, obviously. That said, are the smith's tools that are in the PHB (which have a weight of 8 lb) useless unless one has a forge? In that case I will obviously go for the carpenter's tools in my backpack, but if you feel I can use the smith's tools to perhaps fix some weapons or armor on the fly, I'll go with that.

Leif

Adventurer
THIS IS WHAT I WAS ABLE TO LEARN THROUGH BRIEF INVESTIGATION-

The smith's tools in the PH are not useless without a forge, or coal fire to make the metal more pliable, but they will not be as useful as they might be with such a heat source. You could still damage or break chains and things, but making the same items would be much more difficult. Some of the smith's tools are heavy gloves and tongs for handling/manipulating red hot metal. You would have little use for these without a suitable heat source, and a wood fire probably won't be hot enough. I also think an anvil is going to be too heavy for you to want to carry it around constantly. According to Google, an anvil ranges in weight from 75 pounds to 500 pounds or more. Seventy-Five pounds is still a chunk to carry on one's person, but easy enough for a pack animal. You would also need to carry a significant quantity of coal to build a suitable fire.

THIS IS HOW I WOULD TEND TO RULE IN THE GAME-

I would let you try to do some weapon and armor repair with just the smith's tools and a wood fire, but the DCs are going to be a bit higher than they would be with a coal-fired furnace. And the results would probably not be as professional-looking. If you have different ideas about this, I'm willing to consider them. I'd let you get by with an anvil that weighed 45 or 50 pounds.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
How is this for a marching order?

Lee and Unseen Servant with lantern
Harald
Risia
Fiftheach

We're missing someone, aren't we? Besides our shiny, new Dwarf, I mean, since he's not with you yet.

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
How is this for a marching order?

Lee
Harald and Unseen Servant with lantern
Risia

We're missing someone, aren't we? Besides our shiny, new Dwarf, I mean, since he's not with you yet.
We are missing someone couldn't tell you who without looking back on old posts. I'm happy with any marching order with harald in the middle.

The grumpy dwarf who always calls Lee "Lad", Fitheach Featherbrew. [MENTION=6802065]Searinox Nagharha[/MENTION]

Last Activity: Monday, 22nd October, 2018 06:06 AM

Remove ads