D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Many fields are user definable (to an extent). For example typing the name of a custom Deity is accepted and will be shown on the Character Sheet, however no detail will show on the Start worksheet regarding, domains, symbol etc.

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-D-amp-D-5E-Character-Generator#ixzz3Tu8wzWiU

I did see that I was able to add the name of the deity but was hoping be able to select one of the Domains listed in the PH and DMG- In converting over to 5E I basically just assigned a domain to a listed Diety in my campaign world. This way I can still have the program understand the domains, etc...

thanks!

The Deity detail (e.g. domain, symbol etc) shown on the Start worksheet is for user information purposes only, it is not used or referenced during the character generation process.

Dyabolique

First Post
Love this tool! Easy to generate a character and the layout made it quick and easy to find the info I needed during my first 5e game. There are a few issue's I've encountered(all Bard related as that's what I'm playing) and a few asks I'd like to request for a future version.

1. When Bard is selected as class the "Cantrips Known" section does not display properly. No matter what I do it says 0/0. I can still choose a cantrip and it copies over but it's not generating on the "Spellcasting" tab properly
2a. Bard's Jack of All Trades skill doesn't automatically account in the "SKILLS" section under the "Proficiency Bonus" category. It's easy enough to adjust in "SKILLS" section with the "Other Modifiers" but it would be nice if it actually filled in under Proficiency Bonus to properly account for the bonus and to avoid bonus confusion.
2b. Jack of All Trades also does not adjust initiative and the "Initiative Modifier" box is fully non modifiable. If it could either be included automatically or have the "Other Modifier" box editable that would be great(for the same reasons as above).
3. Expertise and "Proficiency Bonus" not actually being accurate. Same info as Jack of All Trades it can be adjusted manually but would be nice if it was automatic.
4. Some way to edit Hit Points either an editable box or even another box where you could just add additional would be awesome.

Thanks again for the work you've done on this tool.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Love this tool! Easy to generate a character and the layout made it quick and easy to find the info I needed during my first 5e game. There are a few issue's I've encountered(all Bard related as that's what I'm playing) and a few asks I'd like to request for a future version.

1. When Bard is selected as class the "Cantrips Known" section does not display properly. No matter what I do it says 0/0. I can still choose a cantrip and it copies over but it's not generating on the "Spellcasting" tab properly
2a. Bard's Jack of All Trades skill doesn't automatically account in the "SKILLS" section under the "Proficiency Bonus" category. It's easy enough to adjust in "SKILLS" section with the "Other Modifiers" but it would be nice if it actually filled in under Proficiency Bonus to properly account for the bonus and to avoid bonus confusion.
2b. Jack of All Trades also does not adjust initiative and the "Initiative Modifier" box is fully non modifiable. If it could either be included automatically or have the "Other Modifier" box editable that would be great(for the same reasons as above).
3. Expertise and "Proficiency Bonus" not actually being accurate. Same info as Jack of All Trades it can be adjusted manually but would be nice if it was automatic.
4. Some way to edit Hit Points either an editable box or even another box where you could just add additional would be awesome.

Thanks again for the work you've done on this tool.

Thank you for the feedback,

1. Issue found, corrected in next BETA version
2a. Issue found, corrected in next BETA version
2b. Jack of All Trades does not appear to change Initiative in the PHB. If you can point me to the details that would be great.
3. Issue found, corrected in next BETA version
4. Updated for next BETA version

Dyabolique

First Post
The relative bits of data....

PG 177 of the PHB under the main category Dexterity: Initiative check is listed underneath the heading of Dexterity checks along with all other Dexterity check skills and it states specifically "At the beginning of every combat, you roll initiative by making a Dexterity check." it then further reiterates that again on page 189 PHB under the combat section "When combat starts, every participant makes a Dexterity check to determine their place in the initiative order."

and a picture of the relevant tweet.

Jackofalltrades.jpg
https://twitter.com/jeremyecrawford/status/502552130495201281 (so you know I'm being honest and with a bit more info on why it doesn't apply to Saving Throws) :cool:

Initiative being a Dexterity check is also what allows it to by targeted by the Bard's Cutting Words ability.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Thanks, will add (notice this also affects level 7 Fighter Champion with Remarkable Athlete).

Jack of All Trades and Remarkable Athlete should not be cumulative though.

Dyabolique

First Post
Thanks, will add (notice this also affects level 7 Fighter Champion with Remarkable Athlete).

Jack of All Trades and Remarkable Athlete should not be cumulative though.

Ah yes correct. I'm playing a Bard and my wife a Warlock so yeah a bit narrow in my scope.

As a secondary with that, obviously Rogue Expertise should do the same as I suggested in point 3 above. I don't know if you had it doing that. If not I'm sure the Rogues would appreciate that too.

Thank you not only for your quick responses and willingness to add to your work. As well as again for doing the work in the first place. This is a super tool.

Yonner

Explorer
A few issues with 1.02 BETA

Charlatan background, sleight of hand is misspelled as slight of hand

Taking any second class (multiclassing) is also granting the additional save proficiencies for the class. You should only be getting the original classes saving throw proficiencies. Example, first level as wizard, second level as barbarian. The sheet is granting proficiency bonus to STR and CON saves, and it should not be.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Ah yes correct. I'm playing a Bard and my wife a Warlock so yeah a bit narrow in my scope.

As a secondary with that, obviously Rogue Expertise should do the same as I suggested in point 3 above. I don't know if you had it doing that. If not I'm sure the Rogues would appreciate that too.

Thank you not only for your quick responses and willingness to add to your work. As well as again for doing the work in the first place. This is a super tool.

Thanks for the feedback. Rogue Expertise functions correctly, only the Bard had an issue.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases