How Many RPG Books Do You Own?

This thread is making me want to do a detailed inventory of all my RPG stuff, plus reorganizing all my RPG PDFs. I have a crapload of physical books because I prefer those at the table, but my PDFs outstrip that by far, unless you don't include short stuff like you'd get on the DMs' Guild.

I'll have to do some counting tonight.

I'd needed to inventory mine for a while as I think I need to cull it down a bit more. There's still some 3.xE books I should sell as I'm not sure I'll ever use them.

My PDF's are sort of organised, but I think I need to go through and inventory them as I've accidentally bought a couple of PDFs twice before!

GreyLord

Legend
So, inspired by this thread I started to count...including in the boxes in my storage...and count...and count some more.

I stopped when I got to 1200. I have over 1200 RPG books. That's a LOT of books. No...I don't play them all these days. I only have around 550 unpacked in my library currently.

This does NOT include my magazines such as Dragon, Dungeon, The Crusader, Kobold Quarterly or others. This does NOT count the box sets (such as B/X, BECMI, Star Frontiers, Dragon Age sets 1-3, and many others).

In truth, I do not know how much RPG stuff I own. Good luck to my relatives who have to get rid of it when I die.

PS: If you think that's a lot, you should see my actual library (and more than those are in storage) of which the RPG stuff is actually minor in quantity.

Nytmare

David Jose
Physical RPG books: 227, about 40 different systems

Board Games: 583

RPG systems that exist in the No Man's Land between the two: ~20

Voadam

Legend
A lot. Thousands of PDFs and a not insignificant physical collection. I've been gaming and acquiring books since 1981, and I like PDFs. I buy a lot of PDF bundles. It is my regular hobby splurge.

My rpg books.

It is more than I could ever read, but I like to have them as reference resources and I use a large number of sources a lot in my games.

So, inspired by this thread I started to count...including in the boxes in my storage...and count...and count some more.

I stopped when I got to 1200. I have over 1200 RPG books. That's a LOT of books. No...I don't play them all these days. I only have around 550 unpacked in my library currently.

This does NOT include my magazines such as Dragon, Dungeon, The Crusader, Kobold Quarterly or others. This does NOT count the box sets (such as B/X, BECMI, Star Frontiers, Dragon Age sets 1-3, and many others).

In truth, I do not know how much RPG stuff I own. Good luck to my relatives who have to get rid of it when I die.

PS: If you think that's a lot, you should see my actual library (and more than those are in storage) of which the RPG stuff is actually minor in quantity.

Wow, that's seriously impressive. That's roughly 70ft worth of books or roughly five 6ft x 4ft bookshelves full of RPG goodness!

A lot. Thousands of PDFs and a not insignificant physical collection. I've been gaming and acquiring books since 1981, and I like PDFs. I buy a lot of PDF bundles. It is my regular hobby splurge.

My rpg books.

It is more than I could ever read, but I like to have them as reference resources and I use a large number of sources a lot in my games.

I still need to go through and catalogue my PDF collection. I'm thinking that will dwarf my hard copy collection. Not quite as large as yours though. Looking at just your 5E list, I'm amazed you have so many PDFs for that alone!

PDF bundles suck me in too. I own several Humble Bundle and Bundle of Holding RPG bundles that I've barely even had a chance to flick through, let alone read.

Nytmare

David Jose
Your RPG collection is pretty decent, but that board game collection is ginormous! How the heck do you store that many board games?

Shelves and shelves and shelves and shelves, and a couple of piles on the floor, and another shelf full of stuff I never plan on playing again (but can't bring myself to get rid of) upstairs in a closet.

This last year I finally hit the breaking point in the new game room (hence the piles) and I have to start planning the upgrade from the old set of industrial storage shelves I had been using to the full floor to ceiling, corner to corner shelves I'd been planning on making.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Printed, probably about 100 - I have periodically purged over the years, donating to good friends especially for books I haven't cracked open in 5 years or more. Digitally, I literally have thousands and thousands -- collective worth however is quite different because a lot of them I've picked up on Humble Bundles, Bundles of Holding, charity sales, etc. and I might have thousands of books which sold for scores of dollars originally, but I purchased through the bundles for an average of 50 cents apiece.

Remove ads