EB's Tyranny of Dragons - OOC (full)

Leif

Adventurer
Maybe I should go Gnome Illusionist-Thief?

What is the preferred method for roling stats? I presume that point-buy is out, since !E point-buy is an anachronism.

Waitaminnit! You already said 4d6 drop lowest to generate six scores, right?

Last edited:

Yes, 4d6 drop lowest is RAW in 1E DMG, pg 11. Technically, you can use any of the methods listed on that page based on how the other characters were generated. Oh, remember there's also Comeliness, 4d6 seven times, drop the lowest, arrange as you like.

Leif

Adventurer
Well, strictly speaking, 1E RAW do not include Comliness. That was a later addition publishd in Dragon, but if that's how we're doing things here, I'll gladly take an extra roll.

Leif

Adventurer
OK, forgot about UA technically being 1E. :-| I'm going to shut up now, except to say that this also means that Thief-Acrobat is in play, and I might be interested in that option.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Forgot I photocopied this from a Dragon Mag.

Roll On.jpg

In case you want to try this way of rolling.

EarlyBird

Explorer
[MENTION=6853819]TallIan[/MENTION] for William to attack he would have needed to charge, which is fine. I looked up the rules in the DMG and it says that there is no INIT the person with the longer weapon i.e. William (as the rat's teeth are short), so no fear of being attacked with a lower AC.

So this means only 1 rat left in this epic conflict. lol

How is your decision on a character coming along [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] ? I have a way to introduce you in the next part in several places so you take as much time as you need.

Leif

Adventurer
I haven't made much progress, sadly, but I am leaning toward a Fighter/Thief-Acrobat, if that's possible. I'm thinking of a hit-and-run melee striker with a shortsword (would two shortswords be possible?) who hangs back at the start of a fight and then tumbles in for a devastating shot before he tumbles out again. Probably an Elf, maybe a Halfling. Yeah, Halfling might be best since he'd seem all non-threatening and all.

Remove ads