EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
William raised his weapon to help with the cultist, and is shocked when Tina delivers an incredible two-handed blow that nearly cuts the man in half. Quickly survey the scene once more he finds a new target and darts towards it.

OOC: As far as I can tell you don't need to travel in a straight line (was that 3e?), so go for it. Poor kobolds. Poor guy with 6hp getting nearly cut in half. lol

Khraos

First Post
Filmark winces from the pain in his shoulder and shifts his posture toward the archer that shot him. He sees him notching another arrow and hopes to end him before he fires. Feeling a battle cry boiling up inside of him, he stifles it in the interest of maintaining some sense of stealth. Filmark charges toward the archer and swings a mighty blow. Unfortunately, just as he nears the archer, Filmark stumbles on the uneven terrain, disrupting the accuracy of his strike.

Filmark Attack: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Filmark Damage: 1D8+3 = [8]+3 = 11

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Using his twin daggers, (and his races natural affinity to fight with two-weapons) Xull'vian brings the kobold down with a savage cut across the throat.

Meanwhile Filmark falls to one knee as he tried to run through the verge. Tripped up by a vine or root he looks up to see a grinning cultist aiming the loaded crossbow inches from his chest. There is no way he can miss, and grinning the man knows it. Taking a second to gloat, "Now you will die for The Mother of All Dragons! Di-- ERK?!"

Filmark sees the man's back arch and a thin blade slick with blood, sticking out of his chest. The cultist drops the crossbow from limp fingers and slides to his knees. A very tall and thin gnome, whose skin looks like it has been bleached white, kicks the human off his blade from behind and smirks. "Oh just shut up and die!" His leathers look almost exactly like those of the cultists, but without the weird mantle.

Knowing he is the last survivor of this ruined ambush the kobold turns its back and flees in terror.

"Don't let him get away!" the scared gnome cries out to the others.

OOC: William @TallIan you get an attack before we go into the next round.

[sblock=Combat]
Xull'vian atk
hit for 4 dmg

Sebastian - no roll, auto hit/backstab for the thematic attack - cultist is dead

Welcome to the game @Leif
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
OT_rd_3.jpg[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian Tenpennies, Gnome Ill 1/Ass 1

"Eretcho Sallingimus!" Crying out these arcane words, Sebastian gestures violently and motes of light spring from his hands, rapidly streaming ahead of the fleeing kobold. When they reach a point about 10 feet in front of him, they coalesce and form what looks for all the world like a wall blocking the path of the kobold made of bricks the greenish-brown color of the mud and muck covering the ground.

[sblock=OOC] Phantasmal Force cast to create the 'wall.'[/sblock]

[sblock=Sebastian's Character Sheet]
Name: Sebastian TenPennies
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Gnome
Effective Class: Illusionist/Assassin-1/1
Former Profession: no skill
Height: 3'-7"
Weight: 48#
Eyes: Golden
Hair: White
Surprise: 1 in 6
Movement: 12"
Initiative: +1
AC: 5 (8 base from Leather, -2 from DEX, -1 from Shield)
Hit Points: 05/05
Strength:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Charisma:
Comeliness:
Weight Allowed: +200 Open Door: 1-2 BB/LG: 4%
Additional Languages: special due to race
Magic Saves Adj: none
Reaction/Missile Adj: +1 AC Bonus: -2
HP Adj: +1 System Shock Survival: 91% Resurrection Survival: 94%
Max # Henchmen: 4 Loyalty Adj: normal Reaction Adj: normal
SAVING
THROWS

Illusionist-1
Paralyzation, Poison
& Death Magic

Petrification
& Polymorph

Rod, Staff
& Wand

Breath
Weapon

Spells

Armor Class
Assassin-1

Weapon

Scimitar
Dagger
Lasso
To Hit
Bonus

+0
+0
+1
Damage Vs
Small/Medium

1d8
1d4
none
Damage
Vs Large

1d8
1d3
none
Range
S/M/L

none
1/2/3
1/2/3
Attacks
per Round

1/1
1/1
1/2
Features
Languages Spoken: Common, Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Kobold, Halfling, Hobgoblin, Elf, may speak with small burrowing mammals
Illusionist/Assassin
Level: 1/1 XP Earned: (I)275/2,250-(A)250/1,500 XP Bonus: +10% (Illusionist only)
# of Weapon Proficiencies: 3; Non-Proficiency Penalty: -2; Next Proficiency: Assassin Level 5
Weapon Proficiencies: scimitar, dagger, lasso​

Equipment
Leather
Shield, small wooden
Scimitar
Dagger w/scabbard
Lasso (x2)
Gloves of Magic Missiles
boots, low hard
pouch, belt small
2 doses Assassin's Blood (Type A poison)
backpack
traveling spellbook (belonged to Sebastian's brother)
1st: read illusionist magic, phantasmal force, audible glamer, detect illusion
2nd: invisibility, alter self, detect magic
3rd: paralyzation, suggestion, fear
candles, wax (x5)
flint&steel
rations, iron (1 week)
waterskin
bedroll

Treasure:
GP: 13
SP: 00
CP: 00

History
Sebastian Tenpennies and his family were members of the Cult of the Dragon, until our rivals in the cult arranged to wipe all of us out. Attacked during a magical experiment, all of my family was slaughtered and I alone survived, but the Cult of the Dragon b elieves me to be dead also. Although I survived, I was changed and scarred by the magical backlash, and I want revenge! My hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. I have now infiltrated a small group of cultists, who linked up with the main assault force set to attack Greenest.

Phantasmal Force cast to produce illusion of wall to stop fleeing kobold, hopefully.
View attachment 97224
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Taking three steps and then coming up short as a wall "drops" in front of it, the kobold is cut down by the determined fighter, before it could decide to even go around the wall.

OOC: Combat Over. A shorter fight when you have room to maneuver. This was 2 rounds compared to the rat fight which was like 5 lol

Remove ads