D&D 5E Leif's First 5E Homebrew Out-Of-Character Thread

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks, jm. Hmm, we're missing a dwarf and we have a newcomer with a dwarf....

Losing a cleric to gain a barbarian. Good thing we have a bard.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I would let you try to do some weapon and armor repair with just the smith's tools and a wood fire, but the DCs are going to be a bit higher than they would be with a coal-fired furnace. And the results would probably not be as professional-looking. If you have different ideas about this, I'm willing to consider them. I'd let you get by with an anvil that weighed 45 or 50 pounds.

Sounds fair. Let me think about it for a day.

Leif

Adventurer
How do you guys want to proceed? Do you want to trade one dwarf for the other and say the barbarian has been with you all along, or add him to the party IC?

Also, I made some minor adjustments to the map previously provided.

The marching order is posted in Post #2 of the RG.

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
How do you guys want to proceed? Do you want to trade one dwarf for the other and say the barbarian has been with you all along, or add him to the party IC?

Also, I made some minor adjustments to the map previously provided.

The marching order is posted in Post #2 of the RG.
I'm happy either way it would probably be easier to just pretend we always had a dwarf barbarian.

Leif

Adventurer
I've made an IC post and deleted references (in posts that I can edit) to players and characters in the RG who are no longer with us. We now have a streamlined 4-character party, which is just right, I think.

Last edited:

Why can't she move into a threatened square? In 5e it is only moving OUT threaten areas that provoke a AoO. Additionally, the two goblins are flatfooted until their initiative comes up. And thus they cannot take reactions at all. Page 195:

You can make an opportunity attack when a hostile creature that you can see moves out of your reach. (Emphasis added)
It doesn't matter here. But I'm pointing this out for the future.

Leif

Adventurer
I don't remember asking for an initiative roll, so we're assuming simultaneous initiative. So no flat-footed. Yeah, you're right about moving into, out-of threatened squares.

Like you said, though, it doesn't really matter for this encounter. Let's just go with what we've got and not worry about it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases