I need a water kobold!

BMaC

Adventurer
Wanted: small and evil humanoid type aquatic/coastal creature that is CR 1/4 or 1/8 to provide much needed XP to a party of level 1 adventurers. I have MM, ToF, Volo's, as well as Kobold Press's Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex but I can't seem to find something that fits the bill (Sahuagin are CR 1/2 and I'll use a few but I need a rank-and-file CR 1/4 or CR 1/8). Any suggestions before I created water-kobold sub race?

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Merfolk made evil and Small would fit your criteria. Small kuo-toa would too. Perhaps they are stunted due to some environmental effect or are from deep in the ocean where the pressure is intense.

Celebrim

Legend
Grindylow from Pathfinder, available in the Prd, is my go to here. Should be fairly easy to adopt to the edition of your choosing.

I'm also a fan of Bullywugs, which may have a 5e entry somewhere.

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
You could give your kobolds a swim speed, amphibious, and the Shape Water cantrip. But I agree with [MENTION=6921763]DM Dave1[/MENTION]. Grung are pretty sweet.

Scott Graves

First Post
They have flying kobolds. Why not swimming kobolds. Maybe something the aquatic inclined evil dragons bred up from kobold stock. They can have all the same stuff as regular kobolds but have them carry spears or something.

Remove ads