Solo: A Star Wars Story (seen it!) (spoilers)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, sorry Olgar, but they are correct. So much so that one of the Star Trek novels is titled, "Wagon Train to the Stars".

He did it with a bit of assistance.

I guess it’s a spoiler thread...

The droid l33t has a superior navigation computer brain which they install in the Falcon, and they use some special super fuel admixture. Plus Han pilots like a boss.

And IIRC, the entire plan how to do it is his own.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I liked it. I can see the shout out on the Checkboxy-ness. I could tell a few points in the movie where hardcore or inflexible fans may not like the new take on the backstory. I feel the movie gave a pretty good look at how much influence the criminal syndicates had in the Empire. And I certainly liked the Han - Chewy relationship.

Glover as Lando was pretty dang cool.

Interesting take on the Kessel run.

Really liked the set up for other movies.

While some thing we have seen everything of the backstory, remember that Han ends up owing a lot of money to Jabba, likely the big time gangster he is going to meet on Tatooine. So that stuff all has to happen yet.
I will be interested to see where this all takes us, story wise.

MarkB

Legend
While some thing we have seen everything of the backstory, remember that Han ends up owing a lot of money to Jabba, likely the big time gangster he is going to meet on Tatooine. So that stuff all has to happen yet.
I will be interested to see where this all takes us, story wise.

Yeah, but that takes place literally days or weeks before Episode IV. They're not going to go that up-to-date in a "young Han Solo" movie series - the kid looks sort-of like he could grow up to be Harrison Ford, but he's not going to pull off being Han as we see him in the original trilogy.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Yeah, but that takes place literally days or weeks before Episode IV. They're not going to go that up-to-date in a "young Han Solo" movie series - the kid looks sort-of like he could grow up to be Harrison Ford, but he's not going to pull off being Han as we see him in the original trilogy.

Do we know that though? That is not something I have ever assumed, I am not saying that time frame is wrong, but I can't take it as gospel either. All I am supposing, is that Han goes to work for Jabba, and perhaps he works for the Hutt for a while, becoming a known smuggler. Presumably he works for others too, but maybe he starts the Han and Chewy show out with someone on Tatooine. Where, my guess would be Jabba, or even Jabba's father or something.

MarkB

Legend
Do we know that though? That is not something I have ever assumed, I am not saying that time frame is wrong, but I can't take it as gospel either. All I am supposing, is that Han goes to work for Jabba, and perhaps he works for the Hutt for a while, becoming a known smuggler. Presumably he works for others too, but maybe he starts the Han and Chewy show out with someone on Tatooine. Where, my guess would be Jabba, or even Jabba's father or something.

Well, that much seems pretty obvious from the end of the movie. But it doesn't take us anywhere, because it pretty much puts Han and Chewie in exactly the spot we find them in Episode IV.

Not saying there aren't still stories to tell, just that there isn't really a journey from here to there - they've pretty much already arrived.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
How old is freaking Han Solo? I mean, Maul, we know when he dies and about how old Anakin Skywalker is...Han should be about Obi Wan's age in a New Hope! Gee..

Remove ads