Pages From The Upcoming Nautical D&D Book!

These screencaps were posted by GM Leigh (of Mage Productions) on Twitter after being showed on WotC's Twitch stream, presented by Kate Welch and Nathan Stewart. Note the old Saltmarsh trilogy references!

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I should drink some coffee when waking up this early before posting, my apologies for the snarkiness above. Being tired and half asleep means I need to be aware of things that normally don’t bother me, might and not fire off replies before thinking them through better. Sorry DQD!

D

DQDesign

I should drink some coffee when waking up this early before posting, my apologies for the snarkiness above. Being tired and half asleep means I need to be aware of things that normally don’t bother me, might and not fire off replies before thinking them through better. Sorry DQD!

not a problem.
at least you did not call me a shark like someone already did on this site just because I put some stuff on the DMsGuild :D

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
It was numbered sequentially. I think the pages from the preview havnt been merge yet with the rest of the chapters in the full book hence the numbering or the chapter was extracted and has its own numbering.
Yup. If they're doing something like one chapter per file in, say, InDesign and haven't combined the chapters into a "book" yet, the page numbers should be based on the chapter alone.

Staffan

Legend
I hope they don’t plan on having three fall releases all the time. That didn’t seem to help sales or interest in Dungeon of the Mad Mage. There was a lot of competition for sales this past winter.
And, really, now is the time they should be slowing the release schedule, not ramping it up. Many gamers are close to saturation.

4 books per year seems fine to me, but they would need to be spread out more. One book every three months seems about right. Or maybe even go up to 6 books per year, with the last two being more niche products.

Mercule

Adventurer
I strong disagree. It might be encounter design not to your taste, but it is absolutely NOT bad.
This. One of the early claims of 5E was that weak critters remained a threat to more potent characters due to the "bounded accuracy" math. So, 20 kobolds against a single 10th level fighter (in, say, an arena) would be fair to tough, actually. In a dungeon setting, it's a way to bleed a 3rd level spell slot from the wizard.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Listening to the whole Twitch stream:

- Kate had random tables for naming a ship, and determining details such as what kind of masthead it has. They ended up with "The Sea Kraken" which smells vaguely of olives and has a Unicorn masthead.

- Kate mentioned that underwater breathing will be a big deal in her book, which given the U series makes sense.

- Somebody asked what Nate Stewart hoped to accomplish with the "remaining books of 5E," to which he responded with "world domination." He followed up with answering another question about where he sees D&D going in the next 5-10 years, he talked multimedia success, and making D&D a prime fantasy franchise in entertainment. The idea is for 5E to be evergreen and permanent, with no 6E in the gameplan.

- Stewart wanted to adamantly confirm that there is no Spelljammer coming, and asked people to stop asking about it. I believe there are no current plans, but i think he is actively trying to get it in people's heads and plant seeds at this point.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases