D&D 5E The Final Announcement from The Descent Live Stream: Eberron Hardcover

The final announcement at the end of The Descent stream is a hardcover book for the Eberron setting!
No details have been announced, but Nathan Stewart closed out the live stream event for The Descent by proclaiming the final book out this year would be a hardcover setting book for Eberron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Parmandur

Book-Friend
They've fixed some typos.
What changes have they made to the races and dragon marks?

For example, they have made the following substantial changes among others as playtesting progressed:

Change - week of 17th September 2018

1. On Page 90: Remove "Human" from the Dragonmarks and Houses table entry for the Mark of Finding.

2. Replace the Mark of Finding Traits section with the following text

The Mark of Finding only manifests on half-orcs. If your character has the Mark of Finding, these traits replace the Ability Score Increase, Menacing, Relentless Endurance, and Savage Attacks given in the Player’s Handbook. Despite their orcish blood, heirs of the Mark of Finding often resemble their human parents in appearance and temperament. When you create your character, decide if the signs of your orcish ancestry are obvious or subtle.

Ability Score Increase. Your Strength and Wisdom scores both increase by 1. In addition, one ability score of your choice increases by 1.

Hunter’s Intuition. Your mark sharpens your senses and helps you find your prey. When you make a Wisdom (Perception) or Wisdom (Survival) check, you can roll one Intuition die, a d4, and add the number rolled to the ability check.

Imprint Prey. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is imprinted in your mind until it dies or you use this trait again. Alternatively, you can imprint a creature as your quarry whenever you succeed on a Wisdom (Survival) check to track it.

When you are tracking your quarry, double the result of your Intuition die. When your quarry is within 60 feet of you, you have a general sense of its location. Your attacks against it ignore half cover. If you can’t see the target when you attack it, your inability to see it doesn’t impose disadvantage on the attack roll. Likewise, your quarry doesn’t doesn’t gain advantage on attack rolls against you due to being hidden or invisible. Once you use this trait, you cannot use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Nature’s Voice. When you reach 3rd level you gain the ability to cast locate animals or plants, but only as a ritual.

[[This simplifies the Mark of Finding and REMOVES IT AS A HUMAN OPTION, saying they are all half-orcs; as a result, it removes Darkvision, Languages, and changes the Ability Score Increase. to remove the Human option.]]

3. Add the following to the Mark of Healing traits.

Jorasco’s Blessing. You know the cantrip spare the dying. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for this.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/forums/du...s/24756-wayfarers-guide-to-eberron-change-log

dave2008

Legend
Eberron is my favorite setting.

Did I need a new hardcover? Nope. Am I happy to buy one? Absolutely.

Honestly, I'm down for pretty much any book that isn't an adventure.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an adventure, or at least has an adventure in it. Setting info + NPC/Monster info + setting crunch + adventure seems like a likely format to me.

TheSword

Legend
Well we get a campaign arc set at least partially on the outer planes and we get Eberron as a second campaign setting as an alternative to FR. Sounds like we’re getting the best of both worlds (literally).

I personally would love to see a quality campaign published for Eberron.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Yes, two books for Eberron is too many, this will almost certainly be a near perfect copy of a book I already spent $20. I feel exploited. See my rage. See it? This is my rage.

<eyes 3.5 Eberron book collection>

Oh wait never mind.

Staffan

Legend
[SARCASM]Why did WotC choose to go with somebody else's favorite setting and not mine? WHY GOD WHY!!!

Clearly, they should have known that MY favorite setting is the only choice that matters! What's wrong with them!?![/SARCASM]
Clearly, the correct choice should have been committing to a three-volume update of the Jakandor setting.

Staffan

Legend
No idea, did they say they would? I know there was mention of the artificer being updated and that hasn't happend yet, but it is in the works. So a fair guess is that other updates are in the works too.

The artificer got an update last week, featuring two new subclasses, the addition of Xanathar spells to the spell list, three new infusions, and a slight update to the multiclassing rules.

I expected it, sad but expected.

I think them making it a separate book from Wayfinders rather than just expanding wayfinders to be a full product is scummy. But hey, I will never buy into one of their beta releases ever again :)

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
I think you and I live on different planets.

You’ll get no argument from me on that point.

"Spin engine"?!?! Jeesh. I'm not really sure what you are saying here, but Ravnica is not original to D&D.

FFS. For years, WotC said no original settings for D&D5 until the old settings had been addressed. Then, Ravnica.

Who doesn’t know Ravnica is an M:TG thing?

The setting book we just got adapts Ravnica to D&D, which, is awesome.

Our respective planets don’t share a definition of awesome, apparently.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases