What are people taking from 13th Age to use in 3.xE D&D or Pathfinder?

fjw70

Adventurer
Since I'm running a 13th Age game, I'll throw the question on its head; what do I miss from 3e / pathfinder / 4e that I am going to use in 13th Age?

I like healing surges better than recoveries and plan to just keep the static 25% surge value. I was also thinking about adding the versatile weapon thing so 1-handed heavy melee weapons would be bumped to d10 and 2-handed heavy melee weapons would be bumped to d12. The 1-handed heavy weapons would have the attack penalty (if any) of the 2-handed heavy melee weapons when used 2-handed.

i can't think of any else I would add to 13th Age. I have simplified the classes some to make it simpler so I take away more then I add.

Aldeon

First Post
I really dislike skills, so the backgrounds replacing it is gold for me. I prefer that much more, and would definitely port that over given the chance to run a 3.5/PF game. I would also steal the escalation dice and definitely the rules for basing (I dislike combat grids). Oh, and One Unique Thing is pretty cool too. Definitely would take that as well.

mlund

First Post
Pretty much going with full on replacement here. The power-train and chassis on this vehicle is much better. I'm scrapping the old model for parts. I just want to be very careful about action economy and time-sinks before porting anything too original D20 OGL. I think the Archmage Engine carved off most of the worst features of the old SRD.

-Marty Lund

Remove ads