D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Dennie40

First Post
As a very enthousiastic user of your sheets and the owner of a very messy room I found something that might be useful: The option to add a very small line with the charactername and pagenumber/title on all the cheets, so that when I find a page somewhere under a couch that fell out of a book I immediatly know to whom it belongs. E.g: Bob - Spellsheet - page 2/4

Also: All hail ForgedAnvils Excel

Gabefinder

Explorer
There a way of having worn magic items change ability scores?

Also, there a way to unlock adventure notes to remove the lines. They are kinda tiny on the printout.

Thanks. This sheet is awesome! :)

SansMoins

Explorer
I know this is going to be changed in v2, but for now, where is the Weight Override at so I can place the formula for the backpack

Ok, I found it, but now, i have another question: with the formula, does the backpack lose it's 5lb weight? Also, I would take it that you have to have the backpack at qty 0, as it seems if you put qty 1, the weight is doubled, is this correct?

Last edited:

rhombism

Villager
I know this is going to be changed in v2, but for now, where is the Weight Override at so I can place the formula for the backpack

Ok, I found it, but now, i have another question: with the formula, does the backpack lose it's 5lb weight? Also, I would take it that you have to have the backpack at qty 0, as it seems if you put qty 1, the weight is doubled, is this correct?

That is correct. It will double if you just put it in with a 1. What I do, because I print my sheet out and don't use the computer at the table, is to put two lines at the bottom of the inventory, one of which I call "Carried Backpack" and one called "Dropped Backpack." I use the same formula for weight override for both (don't forget the $$$ if you copy it) and make one quantity 1 and one quantity -1. That way they cancel out, but I now know how much my backpack weighs.

If you're being bare bones, you can also do this with "Dropped Belt Pouches" etc. so any container can be calculated in the same way by modifying the label you're searching for. But if your GM tracks things this closely, you probably already know this...

Good luck.

rhombism

Villager
As a very enthousiastic user of your sheets and the owner of a very messy room I found something that might be useful: The option to add a very small line with the charactername and pagenumber/title on all the cheets, so that when I find a page somewhere under a couch that fell out of a book I immediatly know to whom it belongs. E.g: Bob - Spellsheet - page 2/4

So I'm no excelologist, but you can do this. I've had trouble with the CSII printing the tiniest little bit of page number on a separate page, so I had to go in and modify the Page Setup options on mine to be "Fit to 1 wide by 2 long" instead of the sheet setting of 41% (41% must be a tiny bit different on American and UK printers)

Anyhow, my message is, Page Setup is not locked down, so if you'd like to go in and put a custom footer in with this info, you can! Go to the Page Layout tab, click on the little corner icon bottom right corner of the Page Setup ribbon widget, and it will give you the old familiar Page Setup window. (You can also get here by clicking Page Setup after you do File Print).

Go to the Header/Footer tab, and click on the Custom Footer button. There are little icons, so I use the Excel logo which puts the filename on the left side of the footer, and I use the little tab icon to put the Tab name on the right side of the footer, and I use the Page # icon to put the page number in the middle. Now the pagination will only be within the sheet, so you'll get a CSI Page 1, CSII Page 1 and 2, CSIII Page 1, etc. But if you name your files with your name in them, this should work for you.

Don't forget to make the text really small though. Highlight all the text and hit the little A key, you can format the font. I made mine Arial Italic 6 point and they fit down on the bottom without obscuring anything.

Save your sheet to save these changes. They won't carry over to new sheets but for now it will work. In v2, there maybe another option.

Lalato

Adventurer
I'm trying to figure out a way to add the bonuses conferred from a Luckstone to my character. I see that I can add a bonus to Saving Throws on the "Start" tab. I need to figure out a way to add the bonus to ability checks and skills without also adding it to attacks.

Any ideas on how I might do that?

Mergon

First Post
Unless ForgedAnvil has fixed it since i last looked, I think that both the Save bonus and skill bonus areas are currently inaccessible; somethign to be fixed in the next version of the spreadsheet. I may be wrong though.

rhombism

Villager
I'm trying to figure out a way to add the bonuses conferred from a Luckstone to my character. I see that I can add a bonus to Saving Throws on the "Start" tab. I need to figure out a way to add the bonus to ability checks and skills without also adding it to attacks.

Any ideas on how I might do that?

You can get half a step further on Start by putting +1s for all of your Skill checks. down in section 4. But that wouldn't affect your straight ability check bonus, you'd just have to remember it's 1 higher.

Remove ads