What Are These Four Unnamed D&D Products?

The folks over at Nerds On Earth spotted four as-yet untitled D&D products listed on Amazon. Often these appear with codenames (such as when we discovered Labyrinth, which was the codename for Tales from the Yawning Portal due on 4th April) and other times they have no information at all other than an ISBN number. We don't know much about upcoming releases, other than that there is some kind of major rules expansion in the works (but it could be anything from months to years off) and that Adventure Time's Pendleton Ward helped on something. Nerds On Earth spotted the following four entries.
The folks over at Nerds On Earth spotted four as-yet untitled D&D products listed on Amazon. Often these appear with codenames (such as when we discovered Labyrinth, which was the codename for Tales from the Yawning Portal due on 4th April) and other times they have no information at all other than an ISBN number. We don't know much about upcoming releases, other than that there is some kind of major rules expansion in the works (but it could be anything from months to years off) and that Adventure Time's Pendleton Ward helped on something. Nerds On Earth spotted the following four entries.

Each has the name "Untitled RPG Accessory" by Wizards RPG Team (that's the authorname all the D&D books use). They all have a noted shipping weight of 5 ounces, which suggests maybe that's a default weight (by comparison, the Player's Handbook is listed at 2.2 pounds and Volo's Guide to Monsters is 1.3 pounds). All four are listed as "Brdgm edition", which other D&D books aren't.

None of those items are the big ticket hardcovers, which tend to have a price of $49.95. Sword Coast Adventurers Guide was $39.95, and things like Dungeonology and Monsters & Heroes of the Realms were published by other companies. DM Screens and cards and similar accessories are usually handled by Gale Force 9. WotC's Mike Mearls has hinted a couple of times about a major rules expansion in the pipeline, but the latest is that "We are still deciding what form that will take" - so that sounds like its some way off yet.

What's your guess?

Ampersand Transparent.png

SaveSave

darjr

I crit!
Don't ISBN numbers require some paperwork? A registration? Does that require a product description of some sort?

Also I'll bet books/novels. Further I'm guessing that it might be a part of what some authors have been hinting at, 'secret' projects and all. But I'm shooting at the darkness.

Looks like one of them says it's from the board game division?
https://www.amazon.com/Untitled-RPG...489361042&sr=1-25&refinements=p_82:B009KAKQIC

Publisher: Wizards of the Coast; Brdgm edition (October 17, 2017)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Don't ISBN numbers require some paperwork? A registration? Does that require a product description of some sort?

Nope. You can go buy a few hundred ISBNs and just assign them when you need to. I have a block of them waiting for books.

The $24.95 October release could be a Psionics supplement. Thinner in page count than an all-round supplement, setting book, or a big adventure book, but big enough to be considered a major update.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter

turkeygiant

First Post
Tokens/pawns would be cool but I'm not sure if they want to do pawns when they have minis. I know Paizo does both and I rather have cheaper great awesome pawns than sometimes shoddy plastic minis.

Maybe a book of backgrounds, character sheets or dungeon tiles. I truly can't guess with WOTC, like I could in the past, they have been doing great in doing things I'm not expecting!

If you are right I hope they are tokens, I dont like all the white space on Paizo pawns. I found they kinda cluttered the game map when you had any number of them in the same area.

They are sort of grouped, so that is interesting.

The October product at 24$ is probably the "third annual" D&D product that WotC has been releasing each year since the start of 5e. Like SCAG, VGtM and that product that was "never cancelled cause it was never announced".
I'll be really sad if they dump the 256-page hardcover in favor of a 64-page softcover as the sole fall release...

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads