D&D 5E [5E] YP: Sunless Citadel

What Adventure should I run for my next PbP Campaign?

• Lost Mine of Phandelver

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sunless Citadel

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other WotC Adventure Path

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
CUstom Background totally cool
Martial Arts: Yes, Q-staff can be used with martial art moves.
Feat, yes I use passive perception
Thanks for all.

So tempting to invite an 8th and 9th player to play murder hobos and run parallel games.

Wondering whether the work of adding +75% of the xp budget to all encounters is actually less than running two games in parallel.
If you go this way, you know that Kahless Nestor has a character ready. Similarly, if it is too much work, I am also willing to fade into the background until needed if it keeps the party at an appreciable size.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
So this is my first play by post does anyone have any tips so I don't screw something up?

Absolutely the hardest part about pbp is for the group to keep momentum. So my tip is: don't be the reason the group loses momentum.

The nature of the medium is, as has been said, slow -- combat rounds can take a couple of days, and of course we all have real lives and different time zones that affect our time. If you can't post a response within a day of seeing a post that expects a response from you, say so in the OOC (out of character) thread. Radio silence is deadly, since no one knows whether you are thinking, waiting, or absent.

I've had pbp games that have lasted for years, but in truth the majority fall apart after a combat or two, mainly because there isn't the momentum.

Also, whatever pressures you are feeling, they are also much much worse for the DM, for whom the responsibility of keeping momentum going is crucial.

Apart from that:
* assume goodwill in each other: we're all here for fun and adventure.
* inter-party drama is a time suck: stay on target, work together.
* don't go quiet. Send a PM to the DM, or post on the OOC board, or make a noncommittal message ("Before deciding what to do this round, Kragor the Destroyer waits for the perfect moment to act").

Obeliske

First Post
[MENTION=6853819]TallIan[/MENTION] I don't mind at all :) Humans and Dwarves should work fine... Long as you ain't no dainty elf am I right? Can't trust em, to flighty! :p I figure we just go the easy route and fought orcs for the most part.

Obeliske

First Post
I'm ok with dropping to (not that I particularly want to mind you) :) While I fully intend to give this my all I have plenty of other things to keep me busy in the short term (just started a new job for instance :p). If it comes to it Gene just let us know whats up :)

purplerook

First Post
Ara is excited, you had him at an opportunity to try out his illusions and earn enough gold to re-pay his aunt. This whole extra cash for finding a couple of lost adventurers (or their rings) is an added bonus.

OOC: @Charwoman_Gene. I will support whatever you decide to do. I am beginning to see the stress of running a large party in PbP. Personally, I am still trying to figure out who is who between the player names and the character names. As a possibility, we could run an initial adventure as a single group and if that proves to be too much, we can split into two smaller groups - with someone taking over as the GM for the second group.

TallIan

Explorer
@TallIan I don't mind at all :) Humans and Dwarves should work fine... Long as you ain't no dainty elf am I right? Can't trust em, to flighty! :p I figure we just go the easy route and fought orcs for the most part.

Excellent, I was thinking goblins, partly to avoid possible conflict if we got a half orc (which we don't) but it also ties in nicely with the Solving a Mystery adventure hook.

TallIan

Explorer
I've updated Edgar to include some background with Tordak, I'll add a bit more later to get him to at meet the rest of the party.
[MENTION=6763011]Obeliske[/MENTION], I've made a couple of assumptions with your character in my backstory, if they are wrong, let me know and I will change what's required.

Remove ads