Minimalist Character Sheet

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
He's got them in the lefthand box in his example I quoted.

Yup there they are. Thanks. I apparently have a real hard time reading handwriting on an image on the internet. Which isn't a critique of the actual handwriting mind you. It's much better than mine.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=67]Rune[/MENTION] Interesting design! While I appreciate the minimalism...the real litmus test for a one-page character sheet is not a 1st-level PC (who it is easy to fit onto one page), but an 11th-level PC that has been "lived in."

I also second the value of including portrait space – one of the most fun I had was ad-libbing D&D where we began with character sketches and then rotated them around the table, each player adding an artistic touch like a pseudodragon familiar or a word or something to each player's sheet. It really did wonders for kickstarting everyone's creativity.

Rune

Once A Fool
[MENTION=67]Rune[/MENTION] Interesting design! While I appreciate the minimalism...the real litmus test for a one-page character sheet is not a 1st-level PC (who it is easy to fit onto one page), but an 11th-level PC that has been "lived in."

I also second the value of including portrait space – one of the most fun I had was ad-libbing D&D where we began with character sketches and then rotated them around the table, each player adding an artistic touch like a pseudodragon familiar or a word or something to each player's sheet. It really did wonders for kickstarting everyone's creativity.

Thanks! I suppose how much you can fit in depends entirely on your handwriting. Personally, I just like being able to organize things into easily-referenced sections and I wanted to make a sheet that facilitated deciding where those get to be.

Of course, at 11th level, you'd need a different sheet for the spells (or the back, or cards). But I'm pretty sure this particular gnome will never live that long. The real question is whether or not an errant wild surge-fireball will take out the spelljamming ship and the rest of the party when he goes.

Last edited:

Remove ads